Question from d4nk82

Miraak glitch? (SPOILERS)

So I seem to be having the same glitch as many other people with the final boss fight of the Dragonborn DLC. Miraak becomes stuck in the center of the area, tries to absorb dragon souls but they instead become absorbed by my character. I've tried all the "solutions" that I have read in the different forums, but nothing seams to work. Does any know if Bethesesda has acknowledged this game breaking bug? Are they working on a solution? If someone has a definitive way to work around this glitch or any info on a patch release date please leave a message.

Answers

deewolflvr answered:

Not sure if i can help, but i defeated miraak on my first attempt. i didnt experience any glitches with it.
0 4

Lolman1231 answered:

I have the same problem....it's a real bummer that at the peak of the story it stops....please help
0 0

TheyCallMeMrS answered:

I had the issue first go, so reloaded.
He stuck in the middle (again) but this time I used Dragonrend on one of the dragons fliyng around, killed it and he came out of the centre. Give that a go!
0 0

vRDXv answered:

If all else fails, like the advice the rest of the ppl have provided. Try not to kill any of the dragons. He needs three dragons to pop out of the middle. I too had the issue of him being stuck in the middle and this is what worked for me. I hope it works for you too.
0 0

silva1234 answered:

The problem is Miraak doesn't absorb the dragon souls, my character does. I've tried not hitting the dragons, hiding, reloading countless times, and pretty much every other method I've found online. I did just read a post where a person said that if Miraak doesn't steal souls from you while playing the regular game, he won't absorb them when you fight him. So apparently he was supposed to be stealing them from me prior to the boss fight. This never happened while I was playing. Every time I fought a dragon and defeated it my character absorbed the soul. This person said Miraak appears and steals the soul from you. Can anyone else confirm if this is true?
0 0

bluedragon619 answered:

Yes Miraak does steal souls from you but its not a necessity otherwise it wouldn't let you go to the summit otherwise, and the best solution is a save and reload, as this glitch happened to me, i loaded a save just before i boarded the dragon and did the fight again straight through.
1 0

Shadamence254 answered:

Silva,
There is a quest where you go with Nelath to a dwarven ruin,when you exit it and complete it,a dragon appears(has a name),once you kill it,Miraak comes out of nowhere,says some stuff,and takes the soul. Thats what they meant.
1 0

Souludus answered:

I found a possible fix for the glitch involving Miraak, I believe I discovered the actual cause of the problem after some lengthy experiments. My first playthrough of the DLC was glitched like alot of others. Where Miraak does not absorb the soul, therefore, gains no health and stays ethereal. I tried all methods known. Sneaking for him to regain health then reattacking him once hes out of the state. However, he repeats the same process of going Ethereal and attempts to absorb the soul of a Dragon that is already dead. I've tried punching. Doing small amounts of damage. Killing all the dragons first. Not killing the Dragons. But the result was all the same. Frustrating, I deleted the DLC and patch and redownloaded. After which, I reloaded a save prior to starting the DLC. I discovered that if the cultists discover you elsewhere, on the DLC island, rather than skyrim then for some reason, Miraak would not appear and absorb souls. In my reloaded save, after reinstalling the patch and DLC, and having progressed enough into the main questline prior, I was almost immediately approached by the cultists where as in the glitch with the absorbing all dragon souls, I traveled there by boat without meeting the cultists in the cities of Skyrim and instead met them on the island. On my second playthrough, having met them in the cities of Skyrim, Miraak appears as normal absorbing souls of Dragons. Thus, he was able to absorb souls in the final battle, though I kept from overdoing the damage just to keep it safe. I know its a pain but restarting the DLC after redownloading both it and the patch and meeting the cultists in skyrim and not turning the first dragon you kill after meeting Miraak to ash seemed to solve the problem, allowing a finishing of the DLC. I hope this helps.
0 0

JacobMarley answered:

I received an update from Bethesda Support today in regards to my query:

"We're definitely aware of the glitch, and we haven't denied the issue at all. The issue that you are experiencing is a known issue and we are working diligently to fix it in upcoming patches. Unfortunately at this time we do not have an ETA on when the next patch will be deployed. Aside from loading a previous save file prior to reaching that point in the quest and trying again (which we understand doesn't always work in the case of this particular bug), the best thing to do at this point would be to keep an eye on our forums, as this is the best source of information for emerging issues and patch information."
0 0

BigBoss7734 answered:

Once miraak gets to 1/3 his Hp do weak damage so as to lower his Hp slowly. If his Hp drops to low before he absorbs a soul he will not recover his Hp fully and will stay in ethereal. At least that what I noticed while fighting. Ignore his dragons and fight this way to avoid the glitch. This worked 4 me anyway.
0 0

Raidestric answered:

(XBOX 360 Fix) You can just use Bend Will (level 3) AGAIN on the tamed dragon, causing him to land and enabling the ability to ride him, then mount and ride the tamed dragon and kill the other two dragons while flying (use magic), then allow Miraak to kill the 3rd and final dragon that you are riding (while you are still riding it [make sure you're over the platform!]). This bypasses his ethereal recovery state altogether, sidestepping the glitch, and finally ending him. Tested, 100% working.
0 0

securitron- answered:

Ironically the easiest way to beat this guy is not beat him up too hard. do not bring his health all the way down, instead back off when he has a small portion left and let him absorb dragon souls . if you do this all three times he will not glitch .
0 0

RG19ninety answered:

The key is to not attack him at all, but rather to kill all the dragons first. See here:

youtu.be/VYuCUB273og
1 0

Aericron answered:

Late to the party, but I'll confirm RG19ninety. Although I didnt watch the vid, I killed all three dragons without making him prompt himself to do so. The first dragon didnt spawn, and it didnt heal him all the way. So I killed the second dragon, which did get him to full health and out of ethereal. So then I chucked iron arrows (had about 2k) at the last dragon til it died, then I killed Miraak, and everything was as screwed up as it always was in Apocrypha. But without glitches/bugs.
0 0

Temple of Miraak end quest glitch (SPOILERS)? Unanswered uzkodas
Why won't Miraak absorb the souls? Open Soulsnatcher95
When is Miraak's level decided? Open The_Wyrm_Twins
Raven Rock Mine? (spoilers) Open narahku
Stalhrim quest glitch? Open UNI0NJ4CK