Question from wndyctybearsfan

Why cant I play any episode except #1?

I have played through episode 1, but when I try to start episode 2 it instead restarts episode 1, so I try episode 3 and it again restarts 1. does anyone know how to start episode 2?

Absinthium420 answered:

keep a back up to copy over any glitched saves

1. once you complete chapter 2 and the credits are done go to your system storage options...DO NOT START THE NEXT CHAPTER

2. delete chapter 2, NOT YOUR SAVE

3. delete chapters 4, and 5

4. reload the game and start chapter 3 SHOULD load it fine

5. when you complete chapter 3 and the credits are done delete chapter 3 and redownload chapter 4

6. rinse and repeat
0 0

Answers

jackbaker6 answered:

I am not sure but I assume you need to talk to either Xbox or TellTale.
0 1

joyce_181502 answered:

It's just a bug depending on the timing of how you bought (i.e., did you buy them on sale for 200 points on Dec 28th) and downloaded the episodes. For example:

When you finish Chapter 2 and then quit, your save will say Chapter 2.

Then when you play again, it will forward to Chapter 3. You'll hit A to start.

Then you'll see Chapter 1 load. So just quit out to the Main Menu. Then Load that save (that now says Chapter 1) and you can see it still contains your previous choices (you can hit Y on completed chapters to see stats).

So hit RB to go to the next chapter and hit A. It should now do a "previously on Walking Dead" and show your specific choices for chapter 2 as it starts Chapter 3.

A similar thing may happen when going to the next chapter(s).
1 0

TheMacbeths answered:

I had the same issue. At first I did the same that joyce_181502 said, but with same saves it didn't work. Just sign in to the XBox Live. There's an update to the game that fixes this problem already.
0 0

kenny226 answered:

Its because you rented it. Red box is a whore
0 0