Question from Mafiaman420

Staff of herding help?

I got the plans the mushroom and bell i know the pc version of staff of herding needs the rainbow die and gibbering stone but in ps3 do i need the die it dosent show as a ingredient so do i need it or not do i just need the stone?
Thanks for your help

camaro365247 asked for clarification::

Where are the plans for The Staff of Herding?

TheeWhitty answered:

Act 3- is where you get the Gibbering Gemstone. Note: map changes every time you start a new game, therefore the Cavern of Frost doesn't always spawn, but when it does Chiltara will spawn on the 2nd floor sometimes, not all the time. There been cases of it not dropping to so watch out. It took me 25+ new games to find It. Thank God you only have to find it once for all accounts. Everything else sounds correct. The Special level is located in Act 1 On the way to the Ruins. If you have the Staff Completed you only need it in your inventory not equipped. and you must be on the Quest to kill Diablo or farther. In my opinion Its not worth it but whats done is done. You also complete a challenge or two from completing this level.
2 0

Answers

SomaFan answered:

If it is not listed as an ingredient, then no you don't need the dye. (Personally thankful for this as it was a pain to get in the PC version...)
1 0

TurncoatEwok answered:

After you obtain and learn the recipe for the staff of herding, you only need to get 3 items.

Wart's Bell - Purchased from Squirt the Peddler in act2 for 5,000 gold (I think)
Black Mushroom - Found in the cathedral in act1, one of the fireplaces.
Gibbering Gemstone - Drops from Chiltara in the "Caverns of Frost" (act 2), its a pain to get this one.

It isn't expensive to get it crafted either. As SomaFan said, the requirements for making the Staff of Herding on the console(s) compared to the PC is a walk in the park.
1 1

gotensd answered:

The Staff of Herding only drops from Izual, he can drop them on any difficulty.
0 0

ALBeau86 answered:

Item #1| Black Mushroom: FOUND in [ACT I] - Cathedral

Item #2| Wirt's Bell: PURCHASED from Squirt the Peddler in [ACT II] - Hidden Camp

Item #3| Gibbering Gemstone: DROPPED by Chiltara in [ACT III] - Caverns of Frost Level 2

Item #4| The Plans: DROPPED from Izual in [ACT IV] - The Great Span
0 0