Review by Oyakuna

"If you like scary games, then this is perfect for you."

Like my title says, if you like scary games, then this is the perfect game for you. The game is one of the most scariest games I have ever played. Condemned is basically about a police officer who is framed and he is out to hunt down serial killers in order to prove his innocence. He gets help from a mysterious man in Van Horn and his trusty friend named Rosa. The story is okay, but who cares because the gameplay is fun and really scary.

Gameplay

Unlike most survival horror adventures, this one is in first person. Mostly you will only have a gun for a short while, and there aren't even that much bullets for it. Mostly you will have weapons like axes and pipes to protect yourself. It feels like Riddick and Breakdown when you are playing with weapons. Basically you can block and attack with these weapons. It is really scary when someone comes at you with a huge pipe because of the dark surroundings. The game also has plenty of moments that will make you jump. There was one area where I saw a guy through a window, then I walked out the door to meet him, but he came out of the corner of my eye and I was scared. This game is really tense and scary.

Graphics

My oh my does this game look good. The best part is the background. Everything is dark and edgy and really makes you scared. The character models look great also. The frame rate is really smooth also. The best thing about the graphics is the lighting effects The game looks gorgeous. The lighting effects was able to set the dark and edgy mood.

Sound

The voice acting is really nicely done. Rosa offers support and she does a great job at it. All the characters had a mysterious voice to them and it made it really moody in a way. The music was also really tense, which made the game that much more scary.

Overall

Condemned is one of the scariest games you will ever play. People who want to be scared should definitely pick it up. It has great gameplay, and a really scary atmosphere. Along with other great 360 launch games this one deserves your attention also.

Reviewer's Score: 9/10 | Originally Posted: 01/23/06