Why does the game keep telling me "map failed to load?"

1. I bought Call of Duty World at War, recently, I've been playing that for a month or so. But I felt like going back to play Halo 3 (to play forge, duh). It told me I needed some updates, so I downloaded the updates. I choose foundry, it doesn't work. I choose Avalanche...Didn't work. I choose snowbound....DIDN'T WORK. can someone please tell me wtfs wrong with my game?

User Info: Rabbid_plungers

Rabbid_plungers - 7 years ago

Answers

1. Could be a glitch in your game or memory. But the real question is: Did you upload the data to your hard drive for enhancing loading speed? If so, delete that. Just doing that will slow it down. If the Hard Drive is not the problem? Well, I can't help ya. Sorry.

User Info: Starfoxiscool22

Starfoxiscool22 - 7 years ago 1 1
  2. Do you have problems with any other games? if you do it could be a sign that your Xbox is on the way out.

Try deleting your game save and make sure disk isn't scratched.

User Info: itwizz

itwizz - 7 years ago 0 1
  3. More than likely your disc is either dirty or damaged. Look for small cracks in the center of the disk, or scratches on either side of the disk.

If your disk is cracked, throw it away and buy a new one. Sorry, but it can't be repaired if it's broken.

If your disk is scratched on the data side, DO NOT USE TOOTHPASTE, PEANUT BUTTER, OR ANY OTHER "HOME METHOD" OF REMOVING THEM! GAME DOCTORS WILL DO MORE HARM THAN GOOD TOO! Take it to a store that has a refurbishing machine. Most pawn shops will have one, and all GameCrazy outlets have one; It's $2 per disk at GC.

If your disk is scratched on the label side, it's not going to be able to be fixed either. The label is reflective and what the machine uses to reflect the eye's laser back into the console to read the data. Buy a new one if this is the case, sorry.

If this is not the case, your save data and/or DLC might be corrupt. Try deleting them and re-downloading your DLC. Furthermore make sure you have not installed Halo 3 to your Hard Drive.

User Info: HeroOfTimeGCN

HeroOfTimeGCN - 7 years ago 1 1
  4. i have this problem too, when you first start up halo, wait for your campaign tabs to load, then go to Custom games, and select maps, then a loading screen should come up, it will load ALL of your maps, then exit, reselect your maps, and they should all be there, along with the campaign, matchmaking and forge maps!

User Info: narutofreak254

narutofreak254 - 7 years ago 0 1
  5. My friend currently has this problem with his halo 3 disc. When you get a scratch on the disk, depending on the severity of the scratch, it may damage the whole game to the point where you cant do anything, or it will just affect a minor part of the game. Depending on where you have the scratch on the reflective part of the disc (the shiny side with the cool colors) it may damage a certain piece.
    i.e. My friend has a few minor scratches on his halo 3 disc... but due to the placement of the scratches he cannot play on guardian or last resort.
    You said it didn't work for snowbound, foundry, or avalanche. The only map that should have been affected by the scratches is snowbound, because avalanche and foundry are DLC, therefore not on the disc.
    ****note: avalanche and foundry will be affected by scratches if you are using the halo 3 multiplayer disc that came with ODST, being it has ALL of the maps on it. Good luck, hope this helps.

User Info: Thecookiesayshi

Thecookiesayshi - 6 years ago 0 0
  6. Adding on to what i said earlier this is the same problem if you have campaign levels that won't play.

User Info: Thecookiesayshi

Thecookiesayshi - 6 years ago 0 0