Review by Zerabp

"Wow!!!"

Note: This review is on Campaign mode only

It may come as no surprise to fans of the series that this game gets a lot of 10/10s and it is well deserving. This came is the cumulative master piece that ends the Halo Saga for the time being. So get comfortable grab that controller and prepare to be amazed.

Story 10/10
I wish I could tell you how amazing the story is I really do but to go into any detail on what makes it great would spoil it and I really don't want to do it. Needless to say when you reach the end of the game you will find yourself thinking about what you just experienced, and I do mean experienced as it is very engrossing and personal. Simply put it is truly awe inspiring.

Graphics 10/10
This game is complete, pixelization, no going through solid objects, in short we have come a long way from Halo 2. Being able to take the time they wanted this time around Bungie has achieved visual perfection. The levels are lush, the NPCs realistic, and the weapons all look different and amazing. There are no recycled weapon skins this time around (I'm looking at you Brute Rifle!) and the weapons are very much like there real counter parts where comparison is possible and real enough where it is not comparable to anything in reality. On it's own the gameplay graphics are a 10/10, and the cut-scenes are even better. The cinematic quality is gorgeous and emotional and many times your jaw will simply drop at what you are seeing. Bungie really took games to the next level with this installment.

Audio 10/10
Beginning with Halo this series has taken audio both through music and most notably voice acting to a plain that people just didn't think was possible. Many game have since followed in it's footsteps and have realized that top quality voice acting sound effects and music are well worth adding in to the final product. The same cast returns in this one and again does a magnificent job at adding to the mood and pacing of the game. The sound effects are all crisp and clean and appropriate for there function. The music is staggering and beautiful, often making you stop and stand still just to listen. The soundtracks of this series have always been great but this time they are truly a cut above.

Gameplay 10/10
If you like FPSs then the gameplay is great nothing revolutionary but then again the old saying goes "If it's not broken, don't fix it." It is as good as an FPS can get in my humble view.

In the end this game is simply put art, the other two came close, but this one succeeded. If you want a great experience buy this game as it is well worth it.

Reviewer's Score: 10/10 | Originally Posted: 09/25/07

Game Release: Halo 3 (Legendary Edition) (US, 09/25/07)