Review by mythical_guy

"Fight worth finishing? Duh."

Okay, this game is hyped to the max. All those videos, trailers, even a beta. They were all awesome, but seem like utterly worthless downloads when compared to Halo 3. This Xbox 360 exclusive would make it shine by itself. The campaign, multiplayer, co-op, all are breathtaking to play. Let me explain how.

Single Player/ Gameplay 10/10

The story starts off immediately after the events in Halo 2. Master Chief crash lands onto earth, the Covenant have the humans hopelessly outnumbered, Cortana is still in the hands of Gravemind, and the Halos are pretty much about to be activated by a Prophet. You start off in a jungle, and, as you can see, Bungie seemed to have been working very hard to make the graphics at least almost as good as Gears of War's, and came very close to. In fact, it was, in my opinion, better. The frame rate works extremely well, a trademark of Halo. The difficulties are well balanced, Easy- for gamers totally new to shooters, Normal- played shooters before, played at least one Halo before, Heroic- a veteran from Halo-suitable, Legendary- an extremely hardcore veteran from both Halo games. The enemies' A.I works accordingly to the difficulty, and does it's job very well. The only problem is that the marines act like they never used guns before, and follow you extremely slowly (maybe this is because Bungie wanted to give you the feeling that they fear war) . And, of course, saved films. They give you a very cinematic view of a match if used correctly, which is not very hard, since the simple controls give you a fresh taste of next-gen match-viewing. In conclusion, the single player will leave you hungry for higher difficulty levels and more match-viewing and reminiscing.

Graphics 9/10

The graphics are what you could expect from any above-average game. They are brilliant, but every few hours of your gameplay may lead to a few glitches and pop-ups. Don't get me wrong, they are still very awesome.

Multiplayer 10/10

I so wanted to give this section of the review an 11/10. The multiplayer has much improved from Halo 2. The maps, graphics, matchmaking, playlists are all interesting and extremely fun to play. Anybody who doesn't have Xbox Live should get it immediately for this experience. The maps have good graphics, and did I mention that you can customize and make your own maps? Yes, and in a game mode called forge. The return of Slayer in HD is amazing, with new weapons and items. And , did I mention that you cannot miss this?

Conclusion 10/10

Halo 3 is legend from start to finish(is there a finish?). With endless possibilities, countless maps to be made, outstanding voice-overs to do in saved film, and to finish the fight, this game could be worth selling your house for. DON'T RENT, DON'T SELL, JUST BUY. PERIOD.

Reviewer's Score: 10/10 | Originally Posted: 09/27/07

Game Release: Halo 3 (US, 09/25/07)