Review by TheOpposeable

"Halo 2.5?"

I don't think I have ever been more disappointed in such a hyped game. I honestly cannot believe I stayed awake until six o'clock in the morning just to see the end of story mode.

Fail. It was short, ending sucked, the only reason it has a positive number in it's score is because it technically is a story and the fact you could co-op on-line. Now I know that they made this game more for Multi-player uses, but come on, at least try to make the story interesting and stop with the Cortana crap, that got annoying quick. The only fun I had from all of it was that I was too tired and just killed my friends over and over again. If we were actually trying, we could have beat the game within 4 hours, but since we messed around a lot, it took around six.

Halo 2 with High Def Backgrounds. It's not Gears of War good, but it is decent.

First off, I could barely hear anything anyone said over the music. Plus the music got old quickly. I guess I just like variety.

Game Play: 4/10
The game play is .... almost exactly like the last two Halo games. Sure they added new items and changed some of the old weapons, but wow does this hit detection suck.

One thing I am glad about is that the sword is not as godly as in Halo 2. Sniping is just crazy bad this time around. The new vehicles are either copies of original vehicles or just not good in the slightest.

Multi player: 6/10
Some of the modes are fun, but you'd think they could have had more maps? This map selection sucks for the launch, and the fact you have to buy more latter instead of just having more now really lowers this for me. Plus none of these maps are all that big or epic except the desert one. Sure you can customize anything pretty much, but couldn't you do most of all of this in Halo 2? They just implemented stuff the fans already created.

Final Tally:
Game play: 4/10
Multi player: 6/10

Total: 4/10

Final Thoughts: If you own an Xbox 360, you should get this game. If you're planning on buying a Xbox 360 just to play this game, don't. Either buy it for better games like Gears or just don't bother buying it at all. This game is just an expansion to Halo 2.

Reviewer's Score: 4/10 | Originally Posted: 10/22/07

Game Release: Halo 3 (US, 09/25/07)