Review by XxTnT3CKxX

"Great Way To Finish Fight"

With Halo 3 being out for just over month I decided to get off my rear and write a review quite possibly the best game for the Xbox 360, here it is...

Story: 9.5/10

The story picks up write after the one before (Halo 2) left off. Our hero Spartan 117 has now reached Earth in hopes of finishing the fight. The story is not very long, clocking in at 8-10 hours depending on what difficulty you play it on. Though short, the story picks up quick and never lets go. You travel through many diverse locations which is great because Halo 2 lacked it. Also, you can not mention story mode without talking about 4 player online co-op. This is what makes the story shine, and most of all, replayable. That is all fine and dandy but the story does have some downfalls. For instance, the level, The Storm, and, Floodgate, are the exact same level but reversed. Another example is the level, Crow's Nest, is where you just keep going back and forth through the same map almost three times. Now, these aren't huge mistakes but I just thought I would point that out. Finally, my biggest complaint about story mode is the, "Cortana Sequences". The, "Cortana Sequences" become very old, very quickly. It takes you out of the experience just to see Cortana fumble about and say things that do not make sense to the average player. Now, these are a not huge complaint which is why I only took off .5 points but this Halo 3, not some ordinary game.

The graphics in Halo 3 are amazing. The lush and green environments of Sierra 117 to the eerie and gory scene in Floodgate are both crisp and clean. I know I am going to sound like Frankie here, but, the water effects are unbelievable. There have been times in multiplayer where I just stand next in water just to watch the vibrations. This would often lead to getting killed but at the same time, I got to enjoy great watery goodness. The only reason I do not give this game a 10 is because, although great, I was not blown away like I was with BioShock or Gears of War.

I will not go into great detail here but the sound is very well done. I mean, who doesn't love the theme song to Halo? It is like the Rocky theme to gamers. Also, the voices of the characters are great; they will either leave you laughing uncontrollably of scratching your head in confusion. This gets even better when you activate the, "IWHBYD" skull which you can find the location by looking at the "Cheats and Secrets" tab on Halo 3.

This is no surprise to give a 10/10 in gameplay to Halo 3. The controls are fluid and responsive. With the newly added Forge and Equipment, you will never get bored and always have something to do. Plenty of new weapons and vehicles emerge also, which make a great addition. No worries though, all the original stuff is back except for the Spectre. Multiplayer is also what makes the gameplay superb. Here is why...

Multiplayer: 10/10

The best part of Halo 3 lies within the Multiplayer. Matchmaking is better than ever with the "trueskill" and it makes the game a little more challenging. Also, the dreaded BxR and other button combinations seem to have vanished which is great because that ruined Halo 2 and you know it. Custom games also make a great comeback with twice as much to adjust from the type of shields to the gravity. Quite possibly the best part of Multiplayer is the file share. Now, when you do get a stick from all the way across the map, you can show it to them with pride and dignity. You can also show wacky pictures, maps, and game variants you have created.

Rundown

Story: 9.5/10
Multiplayer: 10/10

My score: 9/10

This game is a sure buy even if you do not have Xbox Live. Get it, enjoy it, and live it. Please make sure you eat and go the bathroom too. Nobody likes a smelly gamer.

Reviewer's Score: 9/10 | Originally Posted: 10/25/07

Game Release: Halo 3 (US, 09/25/07)