Review by Jetski10

"Is it perfect? No. Is it worth while? Bet on your life it is."

First Thoughts:

Halo 1 came out in the early years of 2000, and gave us something special. It didn't give us low quality graphics and mundane campaigns which have pretty much nothing to do with anything, no. It gave us the Master Chief, in other words, ownage dressed in green. It had a pretty good campaign, interesting multiplayer and pretty good graphics for that time.

Then there was Halo 2. What's so special about a sequel, you ask? Halo 2 is better graphics, good multiplayer, good campaign and better AI and more weaponry and vehices all in one package. Master Chief is back, with better armor, more color to choose in multiplayer and interesting campaign missions.

Then there was one. Halo 3. It came out in September 25th, 2007, with billions of people lining up from midnight to morning just to get it. Halo 3 had graphics that proved to show that three years of working were not wasted, that the multiplayer, forge, theatre and campaign had taken all of those one thousand and ninety five days to make as close to perfect as possible. And it reached standards that I couldn't have imagined.

Campaign: 8/10

The Halo 3 campaign started off where Halo 2 ended. The Master Chief had escaped High Charity and crash landed somewhere in a big forest with Covenant all over it. Earth was covered in aliens and the Marines had rescued him, and the Master Chief had been woken up and kicked butt out of the forest.

The whole campaign was pretty interesting, but to my fault, I bought it early and got the Chinese version to my stupidity. So we didn't really know what was going on half the time, but the cut scenes pretty much told us what had been happening.

AI: 7/10

The AI is pretty smart actually, and the marines are too, but they fail sometimes at driving. I was walking and shooting at the Covenant in Tsavo Highway, and then some marine driving a Warthog ran me over. I reverted to last save and ended up beating the marine to death. The marines favour driving around in circles and bumping into obstacles, but other than that they are smart and useful.

Brutes and Jackals and Grunts are pretty much the same. Brutes, when they get shot, all seem to hold unlimited supplies of Bubble Shields. Shoot a Brute, zap, out comes a Bubble Shield. It's annoying, because they all hide in there and I have to wait a few minutes for the Bubble Shield to disappear. Jackals are annoying at sniping and always use the over powered Covenant Carbines which I have to say always kill us.

The graphics are really pretty well done. They have been a major improvement from Halo 2, to the shimmer of light reflecting on weaponry to the scratch marks and etches in walls and concrete. The graphics are really good, but there are a few flaws. Like in the last mission, when you're driving through the last part, when the plates you drive on erupt and you can drive through them, which is weird.

I think that this game is very good and deserves a good rating.

Reviewer's Score: 9/10 | Originally Posted: 11/09/07

Game Release: Halo 3 (US, 09/25/07)