Review by TCxSpartan

"A fun and exciting way to finish the fight."

Everyone has played Halo. Even people who think Halo is overrated and squirming devil's spit on the dirty ground have played Halo. Millions upon millions of people bought Halo 3 on launch date, which began one of the biggest media sales in history, and that is just impressive. Bungie went from Marathon, which I believe is a great game, to Halo, which made them swim in coins. And now onto my review.

Gameplay - 10/10

The gameplay is fun, addictive and you can definitely tell Bungie put hard work into making the gameplay of Halo 3 amazing, and they truly succeeded. They make Easy the easy difficulty that it is, and Legendary the extremely epic difficulty that it is. Multiplayer keeps you coming back for more, because most of us all want to have a high rank and aspire to be the highest rank in a match at one point or another. Let's not forget that it's also fun, and if you get the sniper, you feel special and proceed to snipe down anyone who pisses you off. Or, if you don't like to snipe, you can charge into battle with only your assault rifle and grenades, and if you get a triple kill, overkill, or any other type of streak kill, you get pumped up and feel like you've really accomplished something. Whether you suck or you're a Halo god, you will find this gameplay amazingly accurate, invigorating, and fun.

Sound - 10/10

The voice acting is perfect, Sergeant Major Johnson's voice easily fits his personality, as well as Master Chief's and Cortana's. The explosions and gunfire are also realistic, and the sound of distant gunfire or a sniper bullet whizzing past your head is a true sign that sound was important topic in Bungie's studio as they began making Halo 3. Another important thing about sound in a game is music. The music in this game is well composed and beautiful, and I look forward to when the soundtrack comes out.

Controls - 10/10

The controls at the beginning confused me, as they added equipment and changed the reload button to RB, but now those controls are quite a familiar addition to my memorization skills. Other than that minor change, the controls are perfect for a shooter and they are quite easy to understand and get used to, especially if you are new to the Halo franchise.

Graphics - 8/10

The graphics for Halo 3 were slightly disappointing, because I and probably a lot of other people expected them to be top notch, and most of them, they are, such as distant landscapes, and others. But things such as face models, vehicles, other characters, were still great looking, but they lacked slightly.

Replay Value - 9/10

You will play this game over and over again, both campaign and multiplayer, but eventually you'll get tired of it and only play it just to get the achievements. Bear in mind, though, it takes a while for that to happen, so don't expect it to happen the week after you get the game.

Story - 9/10

Finishing the fight was fun to do, and I had a great time doing it. The last half of the game mostly, during the cutscenes, made me shout, "What the hell?" because they were so surprising. It's a fun story to follow, and definitely a well thought out story as well. Also, if you haven't already, sit through the credits. There's a nice cutscene that predicts that there might just be another Halo game!

Overall, this game was well thought out, well designed, well composed, well pretty much everything, so my average score is 9/10. Halo is an overrated game. But a lot of people who say Halo is overrated don't understand the meaning of overrated. Overrated doesn't mean that is necessarily a bad thing. I hope you enjoyed this review, and that is my honest input on the game.

Reviewer's Score: 9/10 | Originally Posted: 11/21/07

Game Release: Halo 3 (US, 09/25/07)