Review by pianoMAN12

"All Great Things Come to An End, Even Halo"

I was more excited about buying Halo 3 than any other game I've bought. After playing through the game for about two hours, I began to realize a few problems which surmounted into many problems. Overall, this game let me down because of its weak storyline, and clunky gameplay. Let me show you:

Story: (6/10) Downright pitiful. After two consecutive brilliant games, Bungi let's you down with a mediocre finally to the story of Master Chief. Few questions are answered such as Gravemind. You learn hardly anything about the flood, which was the main enemy at the end of Halo 2. Also, the ending to the story is weak and, maybe I was expecting too much but, I think the ending is TERRIBLE. There you have it.

Graphics: (9/10) This is where Halo 3 shines. The environments are extremely detailed and the AI are fairly sophisticated. From the water effects to the movement of the bushes, this game have top-notch graphics which is a seller to any graphics freak out there. Well, this is truly the only impressive part of the single- player game. So, if you're into great graphics, buy Halo 3.

Gameplay: (8/10) The gamplay, like all Halo games, is fantastic. Yet, in the 3rd installment, the controls are clunky. Switching between weapons and zooming to kill enemies are sloppy and annoying. Only three new weapons are added from Halo 2 (at least Bungi brings back the assault rifle). I have to admit the gravity hammer is one of my favorite weapons of all time. As you can see, the gameplay is convincing, but could've been much better.

Multiplayer: (10/10) Wow, no other game can stand up to Halo's onslaught of online play. This is the main reason to buy the game. With many maps to choose from and many styles of gameplay, you might find yourself staying up all night with your friends playing this game online. Also, thr four player co-op is tremendous. Trying to find all 13 skulls is virtually impossible without the help of your friends. Anyway, Halo 3 is just like its brethren... as far as multiplayer is concerned.

Overall: (7.5/10) Halo 3 is another wonderful game to add to your collection. Although the game looks sweet, be wary that the guts of the game aren't as nice as the look of it. As they always say, you can't judge a book by it's cover.

Reviewer's Score: 7/10 | Originally Posted: 12/13/07

Game Release: Halo 3 (US, 09/25/07)