Review by Jacks_on_Crack

"Nothing Short of Perfection"

The third game in the Halo series doesn't upset at all. I don't know how Bungie does it but, they are still making the Halo games great! Halo was amazing, Halo 2 was great, but Halo 3 is...well, perfect. Let's get this review going.

Gameplay (10/10)
Halo 2 on steroids? Maybe. But what's wrong with that? The basics of the gameplay are still the same from the previous Halo games. But I'm not complaining. There are some new weapons and Bungie has added equipment into the mix. This only makes the game better and allows for more strategy. There is also a new game mode called Forge. In Forge, you can make the maps how you want them to be, with some limits. Add weapons, respawn points, scenery, teleporters, etc, etc. With the good things said, there is one thing that let me down. The new melee system. Instead of first hit wins, the player with more health wins, it doesn't matter who hits who first. That is the only flaw I can find in the gameplay. Other than that, it's great.

Graphic (10/10)
The graphics are insane. Right when you get into the game you will notice (campaign mode). The level Sierra 117 shows off what Bungie and the 360 can do. On the multiplayer maps, you can also see how good they are just by looking at the textures on a wall or looking at the shine of the sun beaming off the water. Overall the graphics are not a let down.

Sound (9/10)
Not much to say about sound. Campaign is perfect, but the multiplayer is where I was let down. Unlike Halo 2. Halo 3 doesn't say ' lost the lead ' or ' tied the leader '. It only says 'gained the lead '. That is only a minor problem but the good out weighs the bad by a long shot.

Replay (10/10)
Most Halo gamers play on Xbox Live. That makes the replay ability almost unlimited. If you get bored with matchmaking, play Forge. Get bored with Forge? Play Co-Op. There is a lot to do on Halo so if you get tired of one thing, you can just do something else in the game. This is the best feature of the game and keeps gamers playing hours and hours of Halo.

My advice would be to go out right now, and buy the game. It is honestly worth buying a 360 just for this game. You will not be disappointed.

Reviewer's Score: 10/10 | Originally Posted: 12/17/07

Game Release: Halo 3 (US, 09/25/07)