Review by xboxrox2731

"What the... this is Halo 3?!"

INTRO
Walking into Walmart, my eyes happen to stray upon a glass case in the electronics department. I stop. There is the one game everyone has been raving about... Halo 3. I have played through the first two games, but does the big number 3 live up to the title of a Halo game? I am awakened from my thoughts as a little old lady whams her cart into me and someone yells, "Traffic Jam!" Blushing, I walk off to find one of those special guys with the keys, one who can open the glass and hand me what I've been dreaming of.

The Story 8/10
Halo 1 and 2 were both great games with intense storylines, making me want to play just to see what happens. Halo 3 was almost comparable to the first two games in that catagory. Halo 3 has a distinct story line with that is mind consuming and fits in perfectly with the those of the first two Halo games. THe one downfall to the would perhaps be the slight absence of explanations. I usually understand games really well and pay full attention to the story line so I know my tasks during the game, but Halo 3 was harder to follow at time. My co-op buddies and I found ourselves having to re-watch parts to understand what was going on, and with us being complete Halo fans, it should have been a breeze for us to understand everything. The end itself was a bit confusing, but I suppose leaving the game open for a Halo 4.

Graphics 10/10
Halo 3 is most definately superior to its ancestors (Halo 1 and 2) when it comes to graphics. Some of the most stunning environments, realist and interactive, I've ever seen were in this one game. The extreme detail itself often had me making Master Chief peer up into the sky to look at the be-a-utiful Milky Way Galaxy or look at the terrain through his sniper rifle. It was totally breath-taking.

Sound 8/10
Halo games have always had brilliant music often composed just for the game. Halo 3 was no different, with a theme song often played, though maybe a hair bit too much. I believe it could've used a bit more rock in the intense fight scenes. The fight sounds themselves were very realistic (if not exagerated) and useful, hinting at what was up ahead in the game whenever I took the time to stop and find out. I would only say that a times there was too much music when characters where talking, making it hard to tell what my next objective was.

Control 10/10
The controls were easy to master and simple enough for Halo first-timers. They left room for improvisation and creativity. They were great in the fact that they were very similar to those of the first two games.

Game Play 9/10
The Game Play was absolutely amazing. This game was so engrossing and brilliant that I could hardly make myself put down the controller. It was totally realistic and just over all brilliant. With numerous extra features to visit, the game play is definately sweet.

Replay Value 9/10
I play this game over and over again, each time just about as fun as the first, but faster and easier, making it more fun. It's definately a great game for first person shooter people, with the ability to play through the game a bit differently each time.

Over-all game 8.5/10

Reviewer's Score: 9/10 | Originally Posted: 01/03/08

Game Release: Halo 3 (US, 09/25/07)