Review by therater13

"It isn't halo 2, but its still a decent shooter with very poor on line"

Halo 3, in my opinion this is the weakest entry in the halo trilogy, I think there are a couple problems in this game, mainly in the multi player but also the campaign could have been done a lot better. This is still a game any shooter fan should pick up but don't go expecting an amazing 15 hour game. I think if they worked a bit harder they could of made the campaign a bit more fun, it was very epic. I will now go into the specific details of what I liked and disliked about this game, halo 3.

Audio: The music in this game is some of the best in game music I have ever heard, in fact I think it is the best in game music I have ever heard in my life. The voice acting is done perfect, cortana is very annoying though, I wanted to break her when I found her for making me angry earlier in the game.

Graphics: Honestly, these graphics are not that good , I mean they are not bad by any means but I think they could have been a bit better, the vehicles and character models look nice, and the water is life like but I think the textures could of used a tad bit more life. Still these graphics are above average.

Story: In this game you only play as master chief, its pretty much just following the same story, except the story sequences, the cut scenes were done amazing, it was very epic and it made me feel like a hero.

Multi player: Trash, the multi player in this game is awful. For one there should be no ghosts, no banshee and no god damn shot gun. How does a shot gun shot through like 3 inches of steel, it would just shatter on contact and spread. Also the maps suck, out of the 10 or so maps I have played like 4 good ones. The pit is good, construct is slightly above average and sand trap is good. All the other maps are pure trash.

Also in the heroic map pack rats nest is a very nice map, its probably my favorite, but also standoff is the worst map in the game and foundry is below average.

Game play: I found this game played exactly like the other halo's. the single player campaign is good but the multi player sucked. I wish you could fight more scarabs in the single player campaign, that was very fun.

So I guess if you like the old halo's or if you like shooters go ahead and pick this one up.

Overall score: 6/10

Reviewer's Score: 6/10 | Originally Posted: 04/28/08, Updated 10/29/08

Game Release: Halo 3 (US, 09/25/07)