Review by darkflames14

"Well, this got kinda old after a while..."

Now as all of you might know, Halo is the multi-million dollar franchise that we all know and love, correct? Well, after screwing with our minds for a long while, Bungie decided to release Halo 3. With much anticipation, I went to pick up my copy, even before I got my Xbox 360 for Christmas, just to beat the holiday rush. Now after playing it for a while, I'm pretty sure I can make a valid judgement on this game.

Now, let's get this going....

Graphics: Near mind-blowing. When I first turned on my Xbox 360 to play this I was astonished. I spent near half an hour beating a plant down on the first level due to my amazement. The game is greatly presented, and rather beautiful in some areas. Bungie also had the right idea when making the flood levels, which kind of reminded me of AVP on the level "Cortana". In general, The game presents itself very well. I give the graphics a 9/10

Gameplay: Among other things, the gameplay is not extremely complicated. You'll need some coordination with two thumbsticks, but I'm pretty sure many people can achieve this. There are some new things that are introduced in Halo 3, such as various weapons (Gravity Hammer!) and a whole new category known as Equipment. This basically ranges from things, that will protect you, to things that alter your shields, and plenty of other things as well. In a nutshell, Bungie just gave us more toys to play with. I guess that's cool, right? But anyways, This area gets a 7/10

Story: This is where Halo 3 makes its epic flop, in my opinion. You think that something a bit more....I dunno, threatening, could have wormed it's way into the Covenant, besides some hairy mongrels that talk like they're taking a dump? And the fact that there are only nine missions, about the same length as Halo 2's 14 somewhat missions, is kind of a letdown for us. Oh! "Finish The Fight!!!" In my opinion, it could have been more epic. The only epic part was during the final level, and I really don't want to spoil that one for you guys. Playing through for the first time is quite a blast, but just for giggles, it get boring, fast. In any case, the story line gets a 4/10

Online & DLC (Downloadable Content)- This is practically the best part of the game. Actual competition and more places to play on. Though the younger community is quite bothersome, playing online is actually a cool experience. You get to fileshare, which is possibly the coolest fricken thing since sliced bread, and you also get to download maps that people created. This is the best part of the game, and possibly the only reason half the people bought this game. I give it a 10/10

This game completed the story arc, but not successfully, but it did exceed at mind boggling graphics and killer online. Other wise some flaws (Campaign) hold it back and improvements could have made it a better game. Other wise I give the entire game an 8/10

Reviewer's Score: 8/10 | Originally Posted: 06/16/08

Game Release: Halo 3 (US, 09/25/07)