Review by puffinslaughter

"This game won't ever cease to amaze me."

I mean really, this game is amazing. Not perfect, but amazing. Some people may think that this science fiction is pointless, I've heard people tell me things like "Why play a video game that isn't real?" or "This science fiction crap isn't worth my time.". Well, video games don't have to be real to be a good game. Why play a non-realistic video game? Does it matter? No, a video game is a video game. Let's take a look at the redeeming and, well, not so redeeming qualities of this game.

Gameplay:9/10
Campaign isn't really my "calling", so I try not to play it so much. When I did, however, it was pretty cool. Fighting a bunch of Flood, Brutes, Jackals, etc., just really helps you kill time, in a good way of course. But why they would include a difficulty such as beginner/easy, is beyond me.

Sound:7/10
I don't pay attention to sound. The gunshots, turrets, lasers, grenade explosions, and vehicles are O.K., though.The enemies in Campaign sound good but sometimes I find myself annoyed at the sound of Grunts.

Graphics:9.5/10
The graphics are exceptional, the walls and guns so detailed. What do you expect for a next-gen console though? The guns are very thoroughly detailed, the vehicles so complex, it really is one of those games where you can feel like you're part of the fights!

Multiplayer:10/10
I'd like to rate it higher. Multiplayer NEVER gets boring, for there are so many game types to play. Ranked is for competition, social is for just plain fun. Lone Wolves, Squad Battle, Team Doubles, just a few examples of great games. When you have some friends playing with you, it can be a lot of fun, and that's when you go to Custom Games.

Overall:9/10
Can get better, but great fun to play. Halo is one of those games where you start playing and get lost in the game. You look at the clock and realize you've been playing for over an hour! Forge holds so many different map variations, that by the time you've done everything, you may well be going on to you're 90th birthday. Theater allows you to go back and watch your last match, and save any interesting clips, or view others' clips from their file share, which is really amazing when you tell your friend "Man, I got the sickest kill the other day." If they don't believe you, show them the clip!

Thanks you guys for reading my first review, and I hope you all benefited from it in some way! Goodbye, and happy gaming!

Posted:11/3/08