Review by Luke_the_Duke15

"A good game that's under-rated and over-rated at the same time."

I'm really not a fan of 1st-Person Shooters, so I wasn't expecting much out of this game. I under-estimated it, but it does have its flaws.

Story 7/10: I really couldn't follow the story at all. All I got out of it was that I had to repel the Covenant from Earth. That's it. Nothing extraordinary.

Gameplay 8/10: I'm not a fan of the Campaign. I was bored with it all the way through (or most of it), and I had no motivation to play through it again. You can change the difficulty, but the first mission on Normal mode is very hard, while on Easy mode is too easy. The funny thing is, I got closer to beating the first level on Very Hard mode than on Normal mode. The reason I give this an 8 is because of the online. It almost completely redeems the game. You can go on a Team Slayer, Get the Flag, Plant the Bomb, a free-for-all, and much more. My only complaints are that I can get my ass kicked very easily (but that's really my fault), and that there are a few hackers out there who will do ANYTHING to win. Do not hack. Someone will report you, and then you'll have a moderator up your ass for it. The achievements are kind of hard to get. And they put too many "Get Skull X in the X level". I once got an achievement, read the description, and I still didn't know what it was asking for.

Graphics 10/10: Absolutely stunning. I had to stop to take it all in sometimes, it looked so real. You can see the separate grains of sand if you look close enough, and the grass sways with the wind. No complaints here.

Sound 7/10: The music wasn't vey memorable. And at times, music was completely non-existent. the music for the final boss is one beat (I am not kidding) over and over again. Some of the pieces of music were very good however.

Gameplay Time 5/10: The campaign can be completed in a day (with breaks), and isn't very memorable. There are about 10 missions, and these missions can last anywhere between 10-20 minutes each. Very short, and not very memorable.

Replayability 9/10: You can collect the skulls, but it isn't worth it due to the fact that it's very tedious. the only thing that keeps me coming back is the online. You get a different experience each time.

I would recommend this to FPS fans. I would also recommend it to people already familiar with the Halo series, and it should be bought. If you're still not sure, rent it.

Reviewer's Score: 8/10 | Originally Posted: 10/05/09

Game Release: Halo 3 (US, 09/25/07)