Review by murt1987

"Another Clancy game, another decent sequel"

Its been two years and several expansion packs since the hugely popular Ghost Recon 2 for Xbox came out. Since then the team at Ubi Soft have been hard at work building the next iteration of the series for Xbox 360 and other platforms including Xbox and Playstation 2. But it became very clear at the beginning of development that the 360 version would become the true successer thanks to its much advanced hardware technology.

OK, lets talk about single player. Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter is different to other Ghost Recon games as it is set within the sprawling environment of Mexico City. We take control of the captain of the special Ghost squad, Scott Mitchell. They find themselves in Mexico tasked with guarding the US President who is meeting with his Mexican opposite at a summit. Obviously without spoiling, things go wrong for the summit and the Ghosts are asked to take control of certain situations throughout the city. Pretty much your usual Tom Clancy plot line fans of the series Im sure would feel pretty accustomed to it by now.

The very first thing you will notice whether or not you have a High Definition television is that the graphics are absolutely amazing. Hands down, I would have say that its the most beautiful game out there. Set in a sun filled Mexico City, you really get to feel that your in a huge city even though certain parts are blocked off for the sake of the game that is, very cleverly might I add. The draw distance is superb, explosions are amazingly realistic and damn just cant think of any other compliment to give the game. I think it'll take many years for game developers to match this level in realism, thats how good it is.

Ubi Soft has decide to stick with its hugely popular over the shoulder view from Ghost Recon 2 which Im very happy with as it totally suits this next gen futuristic shooter. Another new addition to the series is the ability to control drones or UAV recon units to scout ahead and track any enemies ahead even if they're not in your line of fire. You can control this and many other command functions through your new HUD system. This lets you see what your drone is doing or maybe more importantly find out what your other team mates are doing. A small screen pops up in the corner to let you view what they are doing. Its all very Hi Tech for me so I think I'll leave it at that. Just one thing though, when you master how to use it, it rocks. Lets just leave it at that.

Multiplayer in my view is the more enjoyable part of the game. Again, Ghost Recon takes control of Xbox Live and allows us to compete with up to 16 players. There are a lot of feature in multiplayer from customisation of your own player to playing special Co- Op missions with friends and then they are your usual deathmatch and other type of mutliplayer options. This has to be the most satisfying part of the game as Ubi Soft have made some really great maps to play on and to include all the new single player features too is a dream come true.

In my view I think that Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter is the best tactical shooter around. It has a pretty decent single player, nothing spectacular in my view. It has an amazing multiplayer and it has the best graphics in a game to date as of 2005. This is a highly recommended game but some people may find the learning curve a little too steep as they're many new commands to learn and can be quite confusing for beginners. Past that, its great.

Score : 8/10