Question from Liam_Aether

Is there anything you need the dog for after the Ending?

I'm debating whether to chose the sacrifice ending on my second character. So I was wondering is there anything you need the dog for after the ending, you couldn't do before you lose the dog? I know there's is the archeologist quest, but all it gives you is renown and a stone to possibly sell. Renown is easy to get and I have 3 million already. Is there anything else I'm missing?

Liam_Aether provided additional details:

I've got 51 silver keys already, as well as the enforcer. Ironically for two silver keys I had to dig blindly on the right spot, because the dog wouldn't show me where it is. So that means, I can safely take Sacrifice. Thank you.

lechrisgo363 answered:

The only thing you need your dog for after the ending is for certain digspots that you may not have already gotten yet.

The archaeologist quest you can actually do without your dog, all you need is your spade and to be in the right region and the glowing trail will lead you to the dig spot.

If you plan on getting all 50 keys, then there is a dig spot in Rookridge that you need your dog for, but there is an extra key in Wraithmarsh so you can still get all 50 without your dog.

The only thing you might need your dog for is if you helped Giles, and you haven't already gotten his weapon, The Enforcer, then you will need the dog to unbury it, but other than that, your dog is useless.
1 0

Best Ending? Answered supermario11196
(Spoiler) Ending? Answered benayo61
SPOILER Is this really the ending? Open YakisobaLVR
See the Future DLC ending? Answered pastyD
Ending Choices? Answered KingKaineng