Question from hylianarmy

Why do they fear me so...?

I recently bought the following items:

Explorer Boots
Explorer Shirt
Explorer Trousers

Ever since I first put everything on, everyone has become afraid of me! Why is that!?

hylianarmy provided additional details:

I wasn't evil, Alexracoon; I was just starting out, and I was slightly good and slightly pure.

joooooooo_basic: Before I switched into the Explorer clothes, I was in the default Pauper clothes; thinking about that, shouldn't I have only lost what I had gained, and be returned to the center of the scales? My Fear/Funny meter was split right down the middle before I changed, and moved a great deal toward the Fear side when I changed my clothes. So, why did I gain 55 Fear points when I switched?

hylianarmy provided additional details:

The weapons I had, a Rusty Cutlass and a Rusty Flintlock Pistol, had no augment slots.

hylianarmy provided additional details:

genuka:

I had no scars; I hadn't been knocked out. I did not change my hairstyle or my makeup before buying the clothes.

joooooooo_basic answered:

It's simply because whatever you had before contained either funny or attractive points. Now that you equipped the explorer items (which all have 0 stats in anything) its considered a deficit which in turn means you became scarier or less attractive. Such as if you wear a full bandit suit then walk into the middle of town and take it all off, you'll suddenly become funnier and more loved, due to bandit costume being scary and ugly to villagers. Hope this helped you ^ ^
2 0

Answers

Alexracoon1 answered:

Because your evil if your not then they may not like your appearence and those clothes may make them hate you.
0 0

halusatonaka answered:

It could be your weapon augument. There is this particular augument which makes people fear you. My younger brother stumbled upon such a problem before and he realised that it was his weapon that made everybody feared him. Weird another weapon, and the people feared him no more.
0 0

genuka answered:

You might have scars. Scars and tattoos effect how people see you, as dose your hair style and make-up check those and see if you can change them.
0 0

kuvuplan answered:

It could be certain NPC's you ran into disliked Explorer Clothes.

Some other things that scare villagers away include: Running around with a weapon out, casting spells, certain expressions, tattoos, some bed benefits.

There also appear to be a few bugs in the product, you may have stumbled into one where it gave you the stats for Assassin or Bandit gear instead of Explorer. Or it just modified the stats incorrectly when adjusting from a -Attractiveness to no value. Instead of modifying Attractiveness, it altered the Scariness value.
0 0

Reversing fear? Answered NobleRogue
Where Can I Find Old Kingdom Right Arm Tattoo? Open EnderHamner
Civilian Displacement quest bug? Unanswered Beth
Will Lines No Will? Unanswered EnderHamner
Is there any way to abandon "The Oakfield Massacre" quest? Open FablePlayer2