Why do they fear me so...?

1. I recently bought the following items:

Explorer Boots
    Explorer Shirt
    Explorer Trousers

Ever since I first put everything on, everyone has become afraid of me! Why is that!?

User Info: hylianarmy

hylianarmy - 7 years ago
    I wasn't evil, Alexracoon; I was just starting out, and I was slightly good and slightly pure.

joooooooo_basic: Before I switched into the Explorer clothes, I was in the default Pauper clothes; thinking about that, shouldn't I have only lost what I had gained, and be returned to the center of the scales? My Fear/Funny meter was split right down the middle before I changed, and moved a great deal toward the Fear side when I changed my clothes. So, why did I gain 55 Fear points when I switched?

User Info: hylianarmy

hylianarmy - 7 years ago
    The weapons I had, a Rusty Cutlass and a Rusty Flintlock Pistol, had no augment slots.

User Info: hylianarmy

hylianarmy - 7 years ago
    genuka:

I had no scars; I hadn't been knocked out. I did not change my hairstyle or my makeup before buying the clothes.

User Info: hylianarmy

hylianarmy - 6 years ago

1. It's simply because whatever you had before contained either funny or attractive points. Now that you equipped the explorer items (which all have 0 stats in anything) its considered a deficit which in turn means you became scarier or less attractive. Such as if you wear a full bandit suit then walk into the middle of town and take it all off, you'll suddenly become funnier and more loved, due to bandit costume being scary and ugly to villagers. Hope this helped you ^ ^

User Info: joooooooo_basic

joooooooo_basic - 7 years ago 2 0

Answers

1. Because your evil if your not then they may not like your appearence and those clothes may make them hate you.

User Info: Alexracoon1

Alexracoon1 - 7 years ago 0 0
  2. It could be your weapon augument. There is this particular augument which makes people fear you. My younger brother stumbled upon such a problem before and he realised that it was his weapon that made everybody feared him. Weird another weapon, and the people feared him no more.

User Info: halusatonaka

halusatonaka - 7 years ago 0 0
  3. You might have scars. Scars and tattoos effect how people see you, as dose your hair style and make-up check those and see if you can change them.

User Info: genuka

genuka - 6 years ago 0 0
  4. It could be certain NPC's you ran into disliked Explorer Clothes.

Some other things that scare villagers away include: Running around with a weapon out, casting spells, certain expressions, tattoos, some bed benefits.

There also appear to be a few bugs in the product, you may have stumbled into one where it gave you the stats for Assassin or Bandit gear instead of Explorer. Or it just modified the stats incorrectly when adjusting from a -Attractiveness to no value. Instead of modifying Attractiveness, it altered the Scariness value.

User Info: kuvuplan

kuvuplan (Expert) - 6 years ago 0 0