Question from jaleblademaster

Wife M.I.A.? (Spoilers for End of Story)

Lots of detail here, sorry.

So right before heading to The Spire after the Crucible, I got married and had a kid. Well, after returning from the Spire, I come home to find my wife gone and my now grown-up kid standing where his crib was and simply staring at the wall.

Everytime I tried to find her, she simply wasn't anywhere to be found. I checked the relationship status, and it said she was either happy or very happy in each category, and she even had a gift for me. However, each time I selected "set trail and travel," it would take me to Bowerstone Square but there wouldn't be a trail leading to my wife.

I gave up, and eventually I entered Bowerstone one day to find her standing right there, demanding a divorce. Talking to her still granted me the gifts promised, however she still left despite her status still claiming she had maxed-out love for me and was happy in every area.

I remarried, reached the end of the game, chose The Needs of the Few so I could get my dog back, and returned home to find my wife... gone. Different wife, same story. I would just brush it off again but apparently I need to return to my family to finish the quest, so... help?

jaleblademaster provided additional details:

This specific issue resolved. Now I have another one; I'll post another question.

MetalWarcry answered:

This happened to me aswell, there seems to be quite a few glitches involving wives, one which happened to me was that I couldn't interact with her. I couldn't give her gifts, i tried to keel her and she was invincible. It seems the only way is to start a new playthrough which can be tedious.
0 0

My Wife Divorced Me! Help? SPOILERS Answered mikehross8800
*Spoilers* Ending quest and the disappearing wife? Answered ASC117
Wife gets killed during one of my active quests! Minor Spoilers? Answered Whitemike20052
Where Is My Wife!!!!!!? Open Fadingsilence
My wife is gone..... Why? Answered Top_Secretz_808