Question from Zenn0

Chest in guild help?

I went to fable2.com and did the flash games and whatever. It said I'd receive the stuff next time I played, but it's been 3 days now, and I still can't open it. Any help?

Yes, I'm connected to xbox live and i signed in with my profile on fable2.com

Well, I have the regular copy I guess, not the LE or the platinum hits, and I have Gold for Xbox live. I pretty much just want the stuff from the chest, especially the chicken suit just to fool around.

From: kuvuplan 4 years ago

I just got the Platinum Hits version, which has the DLC content built in. I immediately got 2 quests opened and was awarded 3 Achievements I had finished earlier as soon as I turned it on. Re-installing, deleting the Free versions of the DLC, and whatnot, I was still unable to open the chest, and I still got Teresa Dolls.

At this point, your best bet is to get somebody who can open the chests to open it for you, and give you the loot. The good news is that the Guild Chest doesn't take too long to get to with a new hero.

You can be given items by anybody by going to options->game->Orbs and set to Everybody. Then wait a bit for your Xbox to sync with the servers and people should begin to appear. Left trigger to select on, hit A to interact, and there should be a gift option. Upon gifting somebody, the game auto-saves after the item is deleted from your inventory, but it is not auto-saved on the receivers end, so be aware of saving after receiving something to keep it for good.

Are you connected to Xbox Live and did you sign in with your Xbox profile on fable2.com?

I am pretty sure this service is broken/bugged, and has been for a few months for new players. I would love to fill out a bug report for it if I knew how/where.

I have been unable to open this as well, and it has been nearly a month. Every time I finish one of the flash games and attempt to get an award, I get an error message indicating a server error or I've already claimed the prize.

I do know that when it is properly connected, the dog will bark and indicate there is treasure in the box.

My current theory, is that the Knothole Island and See the Future DLC is required.
I have a used copy of the original game. I also installed it to my Xbox and patched it. I am still unable to open the box. (I used to get Garth Dolls from the Shooting range, now I get Teresa, so somehow I changed it.)

Sometime this week, I will be going to the used game store, returning my copy of Fable II for the Platinum Hits version that already has the DLC included. I will then uninstall and re-install the game, and see if I can then open the chest, and also see if the Hero Doll changes as an award from the Westcliff Shooting Range.

What copy of Fable II do you have, Zenn0?
What type of Live account to do you have? (Gold or Silver) I[m currently using Gold, from the 1 month free trial.

What do you need the chest for? I was able to get the Completionist Achievement without using the book. I was also able to get the Hero Doll from somebody else who had already opened the chest and is able to purchase them from the Jeweler in Bowerstone. I then had to trade with other people different dolls as normal anyways, to get the Dollcatcher Achievement.