Question from clouthoir117

Could I have been screwed over by mindlessly killing too many land lords?

I have finished the game, going through being very corrupt and evil but now that every one hates me I can't get the economy up enough to get the 2.5 million gold real estate empire. I have bought all of the buildings throughout and redecorated as much as possible, but I still can't get a high enough rating.

kuvuplan answered:

I do not know the values of the landlord penalty, but it could be possible that you have lowered it too much. I think it is possible to overcome it, at least temporarily, depending on your choices, it may be easier to just start a new hero.

Putting Luxury furniture in every possible location is a plus.
Setting the rental rates to -100% for houses, and -60% for shops will increase the economy, raising the value of the real estate. Doing jobs also increases the Economy in the area.

I do not think there is a maximum bonus the economy can get, so it could be possible to increase the value of the Bowerstone Real estate by serving thousands of beers and forging thousands of blades..

Also, big steps forward,: Purchase Brightwood Tower, Temple of Light, Temple of Shadows, and Castle Fairfax. Between all 3 of those, you only have 1.3 million in real estate left to go.

If you invested in Westcliffe, and have the "Good" Olde Bowerstone, that should be rather easy to do.

Also note, after doing the T.O.B.Y. quest, 3 more locations become available, and at some point late in the plot, more houses appear in Oakfield.
0 0