Question from supermario11196

Preset?

I heard I have to choose a preset of designs in co-op for the henchman? What does that mean, and does the henchman level up and get his own experience or do they share, like when player 1 levels up so does the henchman?

From: kuvuplan 4 years ago

Henchman system works like this:

Player one is playing Fable II with their hero.
Either somebody online tries to join, or another controller attached to the local system hits the start button.

A screen shows up, the hero has two options. 2 slider bars to determine Experience and Gold Share. Default is 50%, meaning 1/2 of all gold and experience earned goes to the hero, the other half goes to the Henchman.
The Henchmen has 3 choices. Their avatar, Good, Neutral, Evil, and Male/Female variants of each. They select a Melee Weapon (Katana) and a Ranged Weapon (Clockwork Pistol). The modifier (Rusty, Iron, Steel, Master) is determined by the Hero's progression.
The Henchman can press the Y button to select a Profile and save to import EXP/Skills from a hero. Or if it's online, they were already a hero.

Once both players have their their settings set, they hit A and the game resumes with the Henchmen added, and camera controls re-worked.
The Henchman has a limited menu option, they can spend EXP to gain abilities, and they can select spell,s save and quit.
The Health bar of the Henchmen matches that of the Hero, regardless of the save import. Henchmen do not regenerate health.

When quitting, it is best to let the Henchmen leave first, to save acquired EXP and Gold.

WARNING: Do not use Henchmen during Childhood. That has a tendency to set the imported Hero's EXP to 0, and removing all learned abilities.

I believe the "preset" is referring to a preset skin (i.e. the heanchman's in-game appearance). I'm not sure how the experience distribution works, but unless your friend loads their hero from their profile, the henchmen will begin with all the same skills as your hero anyway. So if you're completely maxed, your henchman would be too. But if another person loads their hero into your game, they begin with whatever skills they currently have on their profile.