Question from psyco2084

How do I solve knothole islands 3rd quest?

I get to the room with the switch and five tubes but i can not get past it.

psyco2084 provided additional details:

I can't seem to hit the second switch (will) it doesn't seem like it's in range.

MrCamyak answered:

I did this recently, wow it was irritating, my method was as follows:
(Before doing anything, switch all your spell levels to the same spell of a ranged type attack, i went with fireball/enflame, this way no matter how long you hold down your spell button, you will get the same effect)
When you enter the chamber with the 5 tubes, first of all stand to the left hand side, closest to the tubes, shoot the first orb, letting the automatic lock on hit it. As soon as its been hit hold down your spell button and up until you see the orb start to appear, let go as the reticule appears and you should hit it. Next hold down the shoot button (ranged weapon), so it goes into manual aim and hover above the third pipe until it appears, let go when the reticule appears. After the third orb goes down, run round to the right hand side and shoot the fourth orb using the lock on method, again as soon as it goes down, start charging your spell whilst holding up until you see the light appear out of the fifth pipe, let go as soon as you see the reticule as the timing gets tighter, if you miss it rattle the shoot button to hit the fourth one again, so it doesn't go back to the start and try again when you see it come up the fifth pipe. Once the fifth one has been hit voila, you can progress.

I found this bit quite annoying, so i sympathise with you, if my method doesn't work for you you could always try a level 5 slow time spell before starting it all. Hope this helps, good luck!
0 0

Answers

Magicman10893 answered:

What's preventing you from passing? Did you shoot/ use will on the orb thingy (can't remember the name for them) and the door won't open or is it too dificult for you to do?
0 0

Zaggmeister answered:

When you go to that room, go over by the sealed door that will open when you hit the switch. Then, you have to hit the switch five times(changing from ranged attacks to will attacks based on the color of the switch) ((yellow for range, red for will)) to make it to unseal the door.
0 0

edm85 answered:

You have to hit the switch five times and you have to do it quickly because itwill start moving back to the first tube if you dont. the order is ranged, will, ranged, ranged, will, ranged.
0 0