Question from perokone

Therresa?

Somewhere in the game
(In a book or in a text when it's loading)
It says that the hero of oakville
(the one in the first fable) wielded the sword of aeons, but as far as I know, if he had chosen so, theresa would be dead so how comes thet she lives in this game?

perokone provided additional details:

No I din't mean jack of blades, I was talking obout the on wich slew him twice in the first fable i've also found the book where I was talking about: 'the hero of oakvale' qouth: 'through there are many conflicting reports regarding the hero's life and his feats all accounts agree that he wielded the legendary sword of eaons against jack, '
This is that book I ment.
He could kill terresa with the sword and keep it or he could throw it into some sort of fortex and spare her so if he had that blade she should be dead.

TheGrimDoogle answered:

My First thought is that the final blow in the guild chamber during the cut scene was with the sword of Aeons, but it's been a long time since I finished Fable so I could be wrong.

I would say that it's a historical inaccuracy put there to help point out the shadowed events from 500 years ago. I believe the general idea with the 500 year gap between the two games was that Lionhead could create a game that your choices in Fable had no effect on Fable 2. That being said, the book you speak of says there are many conflicting stories so that says to me says that Historical records of that time are sketchy at best, especially since the Hero's Guild was destroyed.
Since it's the same universe there really is only one way it unfolded in Fable history, but destroy the historical records and both good and evil characters can fit into the history with ease letting the player continue on any tradition they so choose.

Also they have to mention the sword of Aeons because if you never played the Lost Chapters you would not have any idea what the Avo's Tear is.
0 0

Answers

pokemonyugioh answered:

Theresa is a magical being. Therefore she may have been able to survive unless the wielder of the sword refers to jack of blades in which case she was alive while JOB was weilding the blade.
0 0