How do I do the Ritual quest?

1. I can't figure out how to do the Ritual quest in Oakfield, the one where you have to talk to the abbot. He says I need more renown by killing the bandits of Rookridge, but several places are blocked off and won't let me in. Help is greatly appreciated!

User Info: IKale

IKale - 8 years ago

1. To fix the bridge go to the 2nd floor of the inn in oakfeild and speak with the inventor on your left.

To get more quests go to the abbot and start your ritual quest by getting the abbot to say you need more renown (remember not to run away while he is still talking or youll have to go back and speak with him again).

User Info: theguywithagrin

theguywithagrin - 8 years ago 2 0

Answers

1. You gotta switch your main quest to fixing the bridge, by killing the rookridge bandits, after you fix the bridge then you should have enough renown in order to do the ritual quest.

User Info: PoisonBurn

PoisonBurn - 8 years ago 1 0
  2. Same problem, except, my only available quest is the sculptor and the ritual. I'm stuck.

User Info: MonkenMN

MonkenMN - 8 years ago 1 0
  3. Show off trophies, do the Sculptor mission, poke around a little for jobs and the like. Showing off trophies helps, too, even though you might only have one or two. Something'll pop up eventually.

User Info: Attelocin

Attelocin - 8 years ago 0 0
  4. doing the sculptor mission gave me enough renown to unlock some other quests that gave me more renown, thus allowing me to do the Ritual. Try that.

User Info: Darkjediben

Darkjediben - 8 years ago 0 0
  5. Get married :P

User Info: Twidger

Twidger - 8 years ago 0 0
  6. Seriously, explore the game a bit before running off for help! This game, while not totally open, is far from linear. Just showing off your trophies can earn a significant amount of renown, as will finding statue plinth and buying statues of yourself for them.

User Info: forsaken1111

forsaken1111 - 8 years ago 0 1
  7. Find Darnum (i think his name is) in the tavern (the corset and cow) and accept the quest. then go to quests/maps in the pause menu. set the click on the quest that Darnum gave you and follow the golden trail. Kill all the bandits then finally kill Dash.

User Info: ridoldy

ridoldy - 8 years ago 0 0
  8. I'm having the same problem as the others. I've done the sculptor quest and have the ritual but he won't respond to me. I've been trying to get my renown up for the past 5 hours by showing off the trophy and even got married but still nothing. The guy who's suppose to give the fix the bridge quest isn't upstairs either so I'm stuck.

User Info: Lionheart2389

Lionheart2389 - 8 years ago 0 0
  9. Hi Lionheart2389 i have the same problem, the abbot wont even talk to me full stop! so i cant even start the quest, i hope its not a bug that means we cant move on....

User Info: bigkingbadger

bigkingbadger - 8 years ago 0 0
  10. I believe it is a bug, it should be in the bug thread on forums if you don't listen to everything he has to say you can't talk to him again and he doesn't give you the next quest to kill the bandits.

User Info: Lionheart2389

Lionheart2389 - 8 years ago 0 0
  11. Yeah it's a bug, just start over

User Info: SpaceAce626

SpaceAce626 - 8 years ago 0 0
  12. Sorry start over i had the same prob...

User Info: BRSquirrel

BRSquirrel - 8 years ago 0 0
  13. Sorry start over i had the same prob...

User Info: BRSquirrel

BRSquirrel - 8 years ago 0 0
  14. Killing the bandit Dash usually does the trick.If not then just do other Quests til You can.

User Info: spadenx

spadenx - 7 years ago 0 0
  15. try what some of the others are saying and when you have a good bit of renown, kill the bandit Dash, a get the bridge fixed, then if the abbott still wont talk to you, you have a problem. it is a game killing bug where the abbott's coding gets screwed up and he will never talk to you. This means you have to restart the game and try again. Sorry.

User Info: Fadingsilence

Fadingsilence - 7 years ago 0 0