Question from Hoagster51

Abbot wont respond?

This may be a glitch but I am trying to do the ritual quest, I have seen the sculptor, I have defeated the bandits and rebuilt the bridge, I have done some archeologist missions. The quest says talk to the abbot, but he is unresponsive and has a purple aura instead of a green one. Any Ideas?

Hoagster51 provided additional details:

Tried that first, Alas no success. Thanks anyway though. Any body else have any ideas? I have completed every other mission available and still a purple and unresponsive abbot.

Hoagster51 provided additional details:

Thanks guys, nothing worked, started a new game and now i have passed it woo!

SpaceAce626 answered:

You've encountered a glitch.

<i> We are aware that a minority of people playing Fable(r) II over the last few days have encountered an issue where the Abbot becomes unresponsive at the beginning of Monks Quest in Oakfield. This is an isolated issue, but we are currently looking into it as a matter of priority. If you have already encountered this issue, there is unfortunately no work-around at this time, but we will keep you updated on any progress made.

If you want to avoid this issue, when you go to the Abbot for the first time don't run away and leave the region after he has started talking to you. Listen to him, let him finish his cut-scene, and then you are free to do what you wish.</i>

That's from lionhead. Looks like you're screwed. Sorry.
2 0

Answers

Attelocin answered:

Try reloading your save, exiting/entering an area, basically just reloading Oakfield.
0 0

Eingana85 answered:

Have you tried become more famous in the town? Impress more people, make them love you, etc. Maybe you're not quite there. Maybe I'm wrong ;-)
0 0

fienicks answered:

If you show off your trophies and get the bard to sing about you in the tavern (that was what finished up the renown req for me) and get a group of people to really like you, that should advance you enough to make him available.
0 0

hunter3742 answered:

There's another quest in Fairfax Gardens, as well as a couple in the area you passed through on your way to town (sorry I don't have a guide or anything like that here at the moment). Check your renown - you have to have over 400 to qualify.
0 0

herbertanakin answered:

Hi there,
I had the same problem. Kept on showing off my trophies, but nithing helped. Started new game and it went well. Hopefully not another glitch like this one when I'm 45 hours into the game
0 0

SpaceAce626 answered:

You've encountered a glitch.

1 0

Where the abbot is? Open shadow2662
The Abbot Won't Talk to me? Open samus_aran66
How Do I Talk To The Abbot? Answered SpaceAce626
How do I find the Abbot's daughter, Hannah, in the Ritual quest? Answered godspinata
Raynard won't respond? Open Harry_Booby