Abbot wont respond?

1. This may be a glitch but I am trying to do the ritual quest, I have seen the sculptor, I have defeated the bandits and rebuilt the bridge, I have done some archeologist missions. The quest says talk to the abbot, but he is unresponsive and has a purple aura instead of a green one. Any Ideas?

User Info: Hoagster51

Hoagster51 - 8 years ago
    Tried that first, Alas no success. Thanks anyway though. Any body else have any ideas? I have completed every other mission available and still a purple and unresponsive abbot.

User Info: Hoagster51

Hoagster51 - 8 years ago
    Thanks guys, nothing worked, started a new game and now i have passed it woo!

User Info: Hoagster51

Hoagster51 - 8 years ago

1. You've encountered a glitch.

<i> We are aware that a minority of people playing Fable(r) II over the last few days have encountered an issue where the Abbot becomes unresponsive at the beginning of Monks Quest in Oakfield. This is an isolated issue, but we are currently looking into it as a matter of priority. If you have already encountered this issue, there is unfortunately no work-around at this time, but we will keep you updated on any progress made.

If you want to avoid this issue, when you go to the Abbot for the first time don't run away and leave the region after he has started talking to you. Listen to him, let him finish his cut-scene, and then you are free to do what you wish.</i>

That's from lionhead. Looks like you're screwed. Sorry.

User Info: SpaceAce626

SpaceAce626 - 8 years ago 2 0

Answers

1. Try reloading your save, exiting/entering an area, basically just reloading Oakfield.

User Info: Attelocin

Attelocin - 8 years ago 0 0
  2. Have you tried become more famous in the town? Impress more people, make them love you, etc. Maybe you're not quite there. Maybe I'm wrong ;-)

User Info: Eingana85

Eingana85 - 8 years ago 0 0
  3. If you show off your trophies and get the bard to sing about you in the tavern (that was what finished up the renown req for me) and get a group of people to really like you, that should advance you enough to make him available.

User Info: fienicks

fienicks - 8 years ago 0 0
  4. There's another quest in Fairfax Gardens, as well as a couple in the area you passed through on your way to town (sorry I don't have a guide or anything like that here at the moment). Check your renown - you have to have over 400 to qualify.

User Info: hunter3742

hunter3742 - 8 years ago 0 0
  5. Hi there,
    I had the same problem. Kept on showing off my trophies, but nithing helped. Started new game and it went well. Hopefully not another glitch like this one when I'm 45 hours into the game

User Info: herbertanakin

herbertanakin - 8 years ago 0 0
  6. You've encountered a glitch.

User Info: SpaceAce626

SpaceAce626 - 8 years ago 1 0