Question from Hoagster51

Experience Potions?!

With potions that give EXP, can you some how get an EXP multiplier with them? or can you only get the EXP the description says? Will using it directly after combat help?

shroomie answered:

If you use the potion while there are experience orbs on the ground, i.e. during or immediately after a fight, then absorb them all at once, the combat bonus IS applied to the potion experience as well.

I have tested this several times with skill and will potions using only melee attacks so I'm sure it works.
2 0

Answers

Anata_Kusoyarou answered:

It would seem the combat experience bonus is applied directly to the experience orbs dropped from fallen enemies. Therefore, using the experience potion after battle will have no added effect.
1 0

LoseAsDirected answered:

I wonder what would happen if you got into a fight, killed a bunch of enemies, didn't absorb their XP, drank your potions, didn't absorb their XP and allowed the two sets of XP to merge and then absorbed it?
0 0

phish3r answered:

Good to know, but since you can just keep buying exp potions... what's the point?
0 1

JimDandD answered:

In my experience, the exp that you get from potions can never be multiplied and if you try to absorb it with experience from battle to will get no bonus for either type of exp.
0 0

CodingGenius answered:

The best way to get the most out of experience potions is to use them in the Crucible. Get the Excitement Level up high, then they will be worth 5x their "face" value. This means that a 12,500 point potion will be worth 60,000!
0 0

C810 answered:

I've had the same experience as shroomie. Kill everyone, then take the potion before you absorb the other experience. It should multiply by whatever depending on how well or poorly you fought
0 0

Grandstream answered:

Experience Orbs cannot be modified in any manner from their base Experience awarded. Combat multipliers affect only the experience awarded to you in combat, as it states. However, if you have solid income in the game, buying the best experience/skill/will/strength potions for quick orbs will be an easy way to level up.
0 0