Question from buckyrob

"Quest" icon over my dog?

All of a sudden there is a "Quest" icon over my dog. He won't find treasures anymore either. How do I get rid of this problem?

Rebel_Dante asked for clarification:

I'm also having this problem, but it seems to be affecting me everywhere. He barks but doesnt seem to lead me anywhere.

ashynioki answered:

!!Spoilers!!
If you are in Hobbe Cave, early in the game, your dog will be leading you to the path to locate the boy taken by hobbes. This does not seem likely, since if you leave the area without completing the quest, you will reload. If you are in an Archaeologist quest, it will say 'dig spot' above his head, not 'quest.' So I am guessing you are in the midst of the quest called 'Evil in Wraithmarsh,' and have been to Wraithmarsh and possibly left the area. I recommend returning to Wraithmarsh, namely, the Drowned Farm, and following your dog behind a flooded farmhouse to a ladder leading into a region called the Well. Save the two nincompoops and your dog should return to his usual self.
2 0

Answers

mu695 answered:

Follow him
4 3

4NS3ST0R answered:

Yeah when u finish the quest he is leading u to the icon should be gone
2 2

Mouser05 answered:

This happens when you are doing an archielogist quest or something that requires your dog to lead you somewhere or dig up something. If you don't want to do the quest just leave the area.
0 1

kirbymelee87 answered:

this happened to me. my dog would lead me to oakfield and then would start running around in circles doing nothing productive. then i got the quest to save Sam and Max from wraithmarsh (which requires your dog to lead you somewhere) and once the quest was finished my dog was back to normal (yeah!). so basically, do a quest were your dog has to lead you somewhere.
0 0