Review by dlaj21

"First Impressions"

This is for my first impressions of Fable II after 8+ hours of game play.

Graphics: 9/10 - The graphics for Xbox 360 in this game are way up there. It isn't the most realistic video game that I have ever played but the graphics are very stunning. Spells for one look amazing. Lionhead studio's really out did themselves in this area very good work.

Sound: 9/10 - The voice acting is immense thus far and they all are very clear and distinctive. The environment sounds are realistic, the rain sounds like it really is raining, the rivers sound as if they are really flowing. Even the dog every time he finds somewhere to dig or finds a treasure I immediately look over to him to see what he has found because he sounds like a real dog, and the tricks he does are amazing as well.

Controls: 8/10 - The controls can be a little bit better but they are still good. When running and you need to make a turn your hero will almost come to a complete stop before turning. What annoys me the most is that when you want to fire your gun you have to press the Y button, to pull it out would be fine but shooting it you still have to press the Y button. If you could switch it up so you pull it out with the Y and then can press the RT to fire it would be better but it's still good. I also constantly start casting a spell in the middle of town when I want to use the emocation* system.

Story: 8/10 - You are one of the 4 chosen hero's to protect the world from the current threat. Right from the beginning you get the feeling of being *The One* that must do good in this evil world of Albion. If you are good at getting into RPG's then this would be great for you.

Game play: 10/10 - I played this game for 8hrs and I have only just gotten to Oakvale (only completed one true quest) the world is massive, and I at least become easily side tracked. There are many other things too do. If in the first town you do the blacks smithing job you will get a lot of money, but it will take up a lot of your time. If you have been waiting for a game with a lot of things to do other than just completing the main story line with hours upon hours of other tidbits to do, then get this game.

Controls: 8/10
Game play: 10/10

Reviewer's Score: 9/10 | Originally Posted: 10/22/08

Game Release: Fable II (US, 10/21/08)