Question from striker22222

How do you increase fame?

I thought quests did it but it wouldn't go up after i did a couple. I need it to buy the house in Skingrad.

Nasgate answered:

Not all quests give you fame, some even give you infamy
here is a list of quests and the net fame
http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Oblivion:Fame#Fame_Points

as for the house, you also have to raise his disposition
3 1

Answers

Agvstvs answered:

Well you can always do the arena or main quest should net you quiet alot of fame thats usally what I do frist than the fighters guild and mages guild do give you some fame points as well but quests that have evil background such as the dark brother hood will net you infame points so try not to do that if you want fame points but haveing both should not hurt....!
1 0

archerman27 answered:

-Go to highest ranking in guilds

-Be the grand champion

-For every oblivion gate you close you get 1 fame i think

-Complete the main Quest
1 0

greenlotus12 answered:

Not all of the quests give you fame, sorry.But beating the main questline gets you a load of fame and some cool looking armor:)
1 0

Oblivion0002 answered:

One way is to close oblivion gates and get some and i think if u do quest in cities they will give u fame and if u have goty edition and beat the game u get alot of fame for that.
0 1

blqh answered:

I agree with archerman27 those are most of the ways you can get fame you also can get fame if you do random quests that help people or any other good quests. Such as quests as the fighters guild quests or mages guild quests. If you do dark brotherhood or thieves guild quests that will give you infamy.
0 0

juicypigeon1 answered:

Close oblivion gates and go to arena and get high ranks.
0 0

octo7 answered:

Best way tyo increase fame is to do the Knights Of the Nine quest. this will also reduce your infamy to zero.
1 0

KoLdStArE12 answered:

The best way to increase fame is by completeing quests
0 1

The_Oceanborn answered:

Nasgate provided a good link to quests which will get you fame so I won't elaborate on that any further.

"Closing Oblivion Gates" is exactly what scores you fame. You get the fame as soon as you grab the Sigil Stone. While you may think they are the same thing, sometimes you can grab 2-4 stones from a single gate meaning.

Further more, if you use the Frostcrag Spire (www.uesp.net/wiki/Oblivion:Glitches#Frostcrag_Spire_Glitch) glitch where you can obtain every Sigil Stone available to your character's level, you can boost your fame very quickly.

Lastly, Knights of The Nine pilgrimage is a waste of time in this respect as it doesn't add fame, only resets your infamy to 0.
0 0

Gamerfreak910 answered:

Keep fighting in the arena and do quests tht give u it it works ive did it and my fame is like 40
0 0