Why can't I duplicate my black soul gem?

1. I'm trying to duplicate my black soul gem (with a grand soul inside) using the method with the scrolls. I've done it with regular grand soul gems (with a grand soul) and it worked just fine, but for some reason, my black soul gem won't duplicate. Why is this?

User Info: xNightCrestx

xNightCrestx - 6 years ago
    is this a real black soul gem or one you got from the Cheydinhal Recommendation quest ? the one from Cheydinhal Recommendation is a quest item and I don't think it can be duplicated.

User Info: neomancipator

neomancipator - 6 years ago
    It's real, I got it from the necromancer that uses the alter thing in the mages guild quests. Like I said, I used it already and have a grand soul inside.

User Info: xNightCrestx

xNightCrestx - 6 years ago

1. As far as I know, once you fill a soul gem you cannot dupe it. Regular soul gems work only if you buy/find them already filled. If you try duping an empty black soul gem, it should work fine.

User Info: skilz2_kill

skilz2_kill (Expert) - 6 years ago 0 0

1. Use the arrow dupe if you have no DLC.

User Info: Bloodwolf777

Bloodwolf777 - 6 years ago 0 0