Question from ninjafox19

Why can't I use the Arrow of Extrication?

When I get to the big statue and stand on the pressure plate, the statue spins around and shows me the key hole, but when I go to equip the arrow, it tells me I can't use a quest item. Do I have to kill all the bad guys in the room? Or is this a glitch?

angelsdontkill answered:

It is a glitch. Here are a few workarounds from UESP.net:

If you are unable to equip the Arrow of Extrication and text appears saying you cannot fire this quest arrow, hot key the Arrow of Extrication and try equipping it through the hot key. If this does not work try equipping various other arrows and then try again and it should work. However, if the text "cannot fire quest arrow" or "cannot equip quest item" is still appearing, there's one last thing you can try: Walk your character to the keyhole pillar itself, and when prompted, activate it. Nothing will happen, but, once you've done this, when you return to the pressure point where you are meant to fire the arrow from, and try equipping it, it will work now that you've "activated" the pillar. Finally, make sure you are centered on the pressure plate, as you cannot equip the arrow unless you are directly on top of the plate.
2 0

Answers

Destiny_3000 answered:

You CAN actually duplicate this piece!

However, you won't be able to sell it even when the quest is eventually complete as the game thinks it's still required in the mission!
0 0

balimudder answered:

Try using an ordinary bow instead of an enchanted (higher level) one. I had the same problem trying to shoot the Extraction arrow with a Daedric bow. Worked with silver bow found on one of the skeletons killed in the room.
0 0

Arrow of Extrication help? Answered Anthony_Wallace
Arrow of extrication? Answered -Richards-
How do I solve Arrow Of Extrication? Answered Balthier_Fang
Arrow of Extrication Quest Glitch? Open poweradefan100
Where is the key for the locked door in the Arrow of Extrication mission? Answered cousi