Question from MayjorGamer

How can I finish the Daedric Shrine Quest Hermaeus Mora?

I caught half the souls I need to finish. When I try to catch one of the remaining souls, I dont get a journal update.

What should I do?

From: xud9dab2 6 years ago

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Oblivion:Hermaeus_Mora#Bugs

Same thing happened to me as well, I find that it seems to work on bandits and marauders. If you soul trap them, you should be fine.

Also try the other Daedric shrines. Since you've already done their quests, you don't need them around anymore and they won't be missed.

You've most likely glitched your game by soultrap spell on 2 people at once. Or you already got that race and you need the others. The best way to do this is to go to the other shrines, they usually have 1 race that you need there, thats what i did.

Strange, Nothing happened to me, have you caused some kind of glitch, if not it may just be your save, my save is glitched somehow too. Trying glitches such as the Duplication Glitch can cause some problems if you over-use it.
If you have a previous save before starting the quest then i suggest re-loading that save and going and doing it BUT however if that save is glitched too then your problem lies further back. Dupe Glitch over-use can cause problems too.