Review by Golden_ArcV2

"One of the best RPG's I have ever played"

When I first heard about Oblivion I was skeptical . I had played Morrowind and, I didn't really like it. I was afraid that this would be the same thing but, on a next-gen console. Wow, was I wrong. Oblivion is so much better than Morrowind and, is probably one of the best games I have ever played in my life. Ever. I play world of warcraft and I used to play counter strike but, they could never compare to this.

When I first loaded up this game I was astounded. I had never seen anything so cool in my life. Wonderful graphics, a deep storyline, millions of quests and, options. There is very little you can't do. I'm not a big fan of RPG's but, this is simply incredible and, if you haven't bought it yet, you have absolutely no idea what your missing out on.

Graphics 9/10
The graphics in this game are the best graphics I have ever seen. period. There is no comparison to the graphics. None of the games currently available match up to these wonderful graphics but, there is one problem that keeps me from scoring the graphics a 10. It's the NPC's. They all look like their reading from que cards. It's actually quite hilarious but, it is a disappointment to me.

Sounds/sound effects 8/10
Both the music and sound effects in this game are rich and unique. The sounds are realistic when your in combat because you can hear short-swords hitting battle axes, battle axes hitting long-swords. It's very creative and realistic. However magic has no really sound. You simply cast a spell and, that's all. The music is very hard to describe. It is very very good but, it has no variety. I mean <strong>NO</strong> variety. You walk around completing quest but, you only hear the same old songs throughout the game and, even though the game has over 200+ hours of content, you will probably hear the same song twice in one hour as you explore Tamriel and complete quests. You will also notice that the music slows down and gets faster as an enemy approaches you.

controls 9/10
The control scheme is a very good one. The layout is close to the same as Morrowind, except it has a few new buttons. This is a good thing for those of us who played Morrowind. Their are a few small control issues (glitches) in the controls but, that shouldn't stop you from enjoying the game. For example, when your fighting a really tough enemy, and you start swinging away, the actions aren't interruptible. This means that if he dodges your swing, he can move in and start swinging and you cannot raise your shield because your sword is still swinging away, even though its only for a few half seconds. This glitch can make for tougher boss fights.

Gameplay 10/10
The gameplay is what makes Oblivion so great. There is always something new to do and, even when you think your done, you'll have something else to work on. Now, to most people this is confusing and causes them not to like the game but, if you take things one at a time you will still have plenty to do and no confusion while doing it. Oblivion offers more than 200 hours of unique and innovative gameplay, including: Guilds, un-explored dungeons and, the main storyline. Don't think that those are your only options. There is much much more to Oblivion. Oblivion has 200+ quests and dungeons. You can do anything you want. If you want to be a outlaw who wonders the streets fearlessly doing as he pleases, than you do that. If you want to be a fearless champion who rules the Arena, than by all means, You do that. If you want to be a masterful-mage, a crooked-thief, or a respected knight, YOU DO THAT!
Because, in Oblivion there is so very little that you can't do. The world is in your hands. What will you do with it?

Overall 10/10
Overall, this is one of the best RPG's available. Packing plenty of quests, complete customization, a rich and exciting storyline. It's like having your own little world hidden inside your Xbox 360. When you buy Oblivion you get the works, and more. Oblivion is simply the biggest, most exciting, compelling, creative, you name it RPG available. It's an offer you can't refuse and, that you won't want to refuse.

Ups
+ Hours and hours of nearly (Just nearly) limitless gaming.
+ Character customization allows for your kind of character and, your kind of combat.
+ A deep and addictive storyline.
+ I could go on for years...

downs
- NPC's look like their reading from que cards.
- Repetitive music.

Rent, buy, or don't even bother
It's a no-brain er. Buy this game now. You have no idea what your missing and, if you don't buy this game you will most certainly regret it. Even if your not an RPG fan. Even if you have never played an Elder Scrolls title. It's worth ever single penny.

Reviewer's Score: 10/10 | Originally Posted: 04/18/06