Review by Cj_will_win

"The best xbox 360 game to date"

I decided to review this game TES Oblivion, because I see so many reviews that I consider jokes (4/10 or 5/10 ones). My first review so here we go.

The Elder Scroll series is a long one. It started long ago and this game is the predecessor to Morrowind a game loved by many on the xbox. Oblivion strays from Morrowind's game play style, but is still very good.

Graphics 7/10-

The graphics in this game are nothing compared to newer releases, but are still very nice. When compared to games like COD4 people may not think they are much, but they are definitely good and enhance gameplay. You are in a world with people, nature, and its own feel.

Story 9/10

People may think I'm crazy for giving this game such a high score for story. I'll be honest. The main quest story isn't great. It's not horrible, but not great either. The reason I give this game a high score for story is because there are so many side quests with there own little stories that you have plenty of great and interesting stories (especially the Dark Brotherhood, but I won't spoil anything). Another reason is, because thist game has a back story. Most things have more background information you can learn about through conversation and the whole world in general can be learned about by reading the books in the game.

Gameplay 7/10

A little more than hack n slash. It has an easy to master combat system that involves attacks with hand, blade or blunt, also magic, block and stealth. The combat is nicer for casual gamers than the dice roll of past games (I for one am a fan of this combat system). The simplistic nature doesn't hurt the game, because it's not a fighting game you play more for the story, atmosphere, and adventure.

Replayability 10/10

I played over 1500 hours in this game, possibly 2000. This game has so many different ways to play, stealth, magic, combat, good, evil. Each has its own advantages and disadvantages. You will want to go back and finish things you didn't the first time and do things different ways with different classes. It is pretty much impossible to do everything.

This is my first guide I hope that you found it helpful. I say this game is a definite buy and the only reason it doesn't get a 10 is because nothing is perfect.

Reviewer's Score: 9/10 | Originally Posted: 01/03/08

Game Release: The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion (US, 03/20/06)