Review by JagDogger2525

""Find Him and Close Shut . . the Jaws . . . of Oblivion.""

Oblivion starts in the mythical times of the Renaissance. I do not know where but it is an olde tyme in the new age. From the trailer of Oblivion, this game is taking place in the closing years of the third era and the final hours of the Emperor's life. With an award like GameSpot Best of Show E3 2005 Editor's Choice, this game has to be good. When I tried it, I really liked it. I really wanted more. Then 100 hours of playing this game and 125 saves later, I finally complete Oblivion, Expansion included.

Graphics - 10/10
The graphics are outstanding. It is like you are really there playing as that character. Every detail of this game is perfected to real life. The graphics are so good that I feel like I traveled back in time to the Renaissance.

Sound - 10/10
The sound is great. All the enemies are supposed to make the right sounds they are supposed to be making. The weapon sounds are perfect. If I hit someone with a sword and they are swinging their sword as well, I hear metal clinging like it is supposed to.

Control - 10/10
The controls are not like the other games I have played. The controls are set up so it could trick you into doing something that you don't want to do. I like that because I could break myself from the buttons from all the other games and the usual controls.

Gameplay - 10/10
The gameplay is awesome. You may want to play as the character you really like because you will be playing as that character for the rest of the game (unless you start a new game). Once you get going in the gameplay, you will think, 'I am getting stronger and I want to take some stuff on.' You could start by playing the main quest because the third location (the first is where you start off at), you will fight some tough monsters.

Replay Value - 5/10
I really want to play it again, but seeing that I have to start all over again, I really do not want to because I have a character that is at level 33 and has attributes of 75 and over with some skills at level 50 and over. I do not to start from level 1 and skills of 5. I actually tried it and the character felt very slow. But seeing that you could start over as a brand new character with a totally different look, I am going to give the replay value a break and give it a 5/10.

Bottom Line:
Oblivion is the RPG of 2005 and I agree. For $30, Oblivion is worth it. I wanted to sell mine but I ended up keeping it because I really liked the character that I made.

Buy or Rent:
Buy this game because you will be hooked.

Overall - 9/10

Reviewer's Score: 9/10 | Originally Posted: 06/16/08, Updated 11/05/08

Game Release: The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion (US, 03/20/06)