Review by kkkkjq

"Unbelievable just doesnt quite put it."

Lets get one thing straight. If your somewhat like me, and you dont have about 10 hours every day for a game. Dont play this. This is one of the best games I have ever played in my life and as soon as I started the game and took my first step it was great. This game has tons for you to do and more to do after you beat the game. But... Im getting ahead of myself. Lets start Shall we?

Gameplay/Controls
I think think that the controls for the game are very easy to get the hang of. B to open your backpack, Y to jump, A to talk to people and activate stuff R to use your wepon, ect... After about ten minutes you should be use to it. The controls for the game are simple so lets move on to gameplay. I think its great personaly, you can do just about everything that you should be able to do in an RPG game, theres nearly no bounds on your options of "Do I want to be a murderer or a holy man?" you hav tons of options of things to do seeing theres the main story and four guilds. And like all good RPGs should allow, you can edit the difficulty. Think its to hard or easy? Go to Options, Gameplay, lower/raise difficulty. Overall its got good controls and GREAT gameplay

Story
You start out in prison with a Dark Elf insulting you. Well cant you tell how much your liked? About two or three minutes after you start playing through you escape from prison (Didn't think you were gonna be in there for nearly 50 hours of gametime did ya?) and your a free man. You can to the main storyline if you wanna, it can get you some killer starter items and some early beefing up in your levels. If you dont want to you dont have to though seeing as you have four other options (said above) and there all unique for what you want to be, Fighters guild (Melee Fighters) Mages guild (Take a wild guess) Dark Brotherhood (Murderer) Thiefs guild (If you dont know then I dont know what to say to you.) There all great and all have great storys to them. Over all its got five fantastic storys for you to take you time going through (Seven if you include expantions) and there all fun.

Graphics/Sound
A Major up from Morrowind Graphics. Not trying to bash Morrowind or anything but Oblivion compared to Morrowind makes Morrowind look like the first Godzilla movie. It has amazing graphics, you can see mold on the walls where you start, you can even read the NPC's lips most the time there talking. Once you see one portal to Oblivion you'll know what I mean when I say amazing. Truly this game is one of the best games when it comes to Graphics even without HDTV's, Theres somewhere near 1,500+ different NPC's that all look different. Along with that the game also has nearly 300+ Monsters I'd say. Along with all the different creatures they all have unique growls and crys in battles. Overall Its got amazing Sound and the most unbelievable Graphics I know of.

Rent or Buy?
Theres no question in my mind that you should buy this game. With good controls, Great gameplay, fantastic storys, amazing sound and unbelievable graphics. Every minute you spend playing this game it gets better and better, if you rent it you'll never forgive yourself for giving it back. Trust me when I say that if you are thinking about getting about a 360, or if you have one, this game is a MUST!
Buy it for sure.

Total Score
Gameplay/Controls: 9/10
Rent or Buy: Buy
Overall score: 9/10
I know your thinking. "This guy thinks its the best game ever but its not 10/10?" But I cant score somthing a 10 since if a game has one single bug or glitch or problem, its not perfect. I do not beleave a 10 will ever exist. Anyways trust me, go to your local game store (Gamestop for me) and get this game and the Prima guide with it. You will be happy you did.

Reviewer's Score: 9/10 | Originally Posted: 08/04/08

Game Release: The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion (US, 03/20/06)