Review by rocksterL

"Too much here to be ignored!"

I know what you're thinking: "Not too many games get the 10. What made you do this?" I'll tell you. This game deserves it. At first, I wondered how much work they would put in this game after they delayed it. Believe me when I say it, it was worth the wait.

Graphics:10/10

Take one look at this game. If you say "this isn't the best looking game I've ever seen.", then you obviously have some optical problems. The environments are so captivating, that you will be so immersed into this virtual world. It feels like a real-life breathing world. People speak to you {which is something they've done in the last game} ,but it feels more realistic, now that the graphics are enhanced for this next-generation of gaming.I've always liked the idea of time being kept in the Elder Scrolls games. You can look up and see the pretty purple sky around 3:00 a.m. , or see a bright, beautiful golden glow at 9:30 a.m. The water looks so beautiful. It makes me want to jump in every time I see it. Blood is more realistic this time around. Every time you hack at a dead person, little squirts of blood come up. Weather has been improved. It rains, snows, and gets windy, just like the real world. Facial expression on not only your character's face, but also on the NPCs, will surprise you. Even though they move their mouth a little better in this game, there is that one that laughs through her mouth. It' kinda funny, but nothing is perfect.

Game play:9/10

I could play this game all day! Why is that? It's a fun game! Think about it: you can do whatever you want to; live whatever lifestyle you want. Create whatever kind of character you want to play as. You can be a good guy, or a bad guy. You can steal, or you can purchase. You can fight with magic, weapons, or your own hands. The sneak has been done better. You can join factions, or you can be freelance. Does it get any better than this? Yes, it does. You can ride horses! When was the last time you could ride a horse in any of the Elder Scrolls game? I don't think you could. The Silt Striders are gone, and I can honestly say that I don't miss them. You can visit a part of this huge world and it will be instantly saved on your map for a later instantaneous travel. The game saves take about seven seconds, but sometimes you have to wait a minute or two to get to the next part of a town or location. Needless to say, there is so much to do!

Sound:10/10

One thing that I've always loved about TES was the music. This game is no different. To those who used to hum the Morrowind tune all day, chances are you will be doing the same in Oblivion. The music fits the game perfectly. I also loved it when they fixed it so that you can still hear the music playing while saving. Or, if you just don't like the music, you can play your own custom soundtracks. I don't see why I would use this feature in this game, but just having the option floats my boat. The rain sounds like rain. The trolloping of the horse sounds like a horse trolloping. If I were blind, I'd still love playing this game, just because of the way it sounds.

In all, there are two versions of the game: the original and the Collector's Edition. You can't go wrong with either one. Is it worth $60? Every darn penny. If you love Role Playing Games, then this is for you. If you want the best looking game ever created, then this is for you. Even if you never gave TES games a try, play this one. It will own your soul. Just kidding.

Reviewer's Score: 10/10 | Originally Posted: 03/24/06