I can't disconnect the 360 to computer?

1. I managed to connect my 360 to my computer (Windows XP) so I could listen to music files.
    A few days ago, I got a Laptop (Windows Vista). I did not connect it to my 360.
    Ever since I connected the computer to the 360, the connection to the internet is awful. It always cuts of on me. It even does the same on my laptop.
    I was told the 360 was making the router that all machinery was connected to bearely work.
    I want to disconnect my 360 to my computer but I do not know how.

User Info: Happy_Nightmare

Happy_Nightmare - 7 years ago

Answers

1. Try port forwarding: www.portforward.com or adjusting the settings in whatever program you using to share the music between the Xbox 360 and your Computer.

Just so you know, The Xbox 360 does NOT affect your connection UNLESS you're downloading loads of large (250mb+) files from Xbox Live, just sharing music makes no difference as it's a local connection.

If your connection's gone bad then it's your router or ISP thats the problem.

To answer your question short of pulling out the Ethernet cable/Wireless adapter from the Xbox 360 and never being able to go on Xbox Live ever again you're stuck with it.

PS: There are a lot of other threads on sharing problems in both of the Answers sections.

User Info: itwizz

itwizz (Expert) - 7 years ago 0 0