System just started making alot of noise...help?

1. It sounds as if something is loose, or that the disk cannot read, but the system never moves, and the disks are spotless, any ideas?

User Info: blaziken65

blaziken65 - 7 years ago
    Are you having any actual disk read errors or frequent system and/or game crashes?

User Info: itwizz

itwizz - 7 years ago
    It doesnt affect gameplay, but the sound occours when playing games such as cod:4 online, and occasionally when playing games such as forza motorsport 2, burnout paradise (offline) and a couple of others, it just sounds like there is trouble reading the disk....so at least try to tell me this...if would it be less likely to occour if the system was placed in the horizontal position?

User Info: blaziken65

blaziken65 - 7 years ago

1. My xbox sometimes makes a loud buzzing noise or something like a winding up noise for a long period of time. however, i havent seen any change in gameplay or loading time, so your problem is probly nothing

User Info: tgrady247

tgrady247 - 7 years ago 1 0

Answers

1. I concur with tgrady247 if you're not actually experiencing any disk read errors or crashing then it's probably nothing.

Even my Xbox 360 make a hell of a lot of noise at times so it could be that your system is just a bit dusty so get yourself a can of compressed air and a vacuum cleaner and run them over the vents.

There is also no harm in laying your Xbox 360 horizontally.

The bulk of the noise the Xbox 360 makes is the fan going round so try installing your games to the Hard Drive and see if that helps.

User Info: itwizz

itwizz (Expert) - 7 years ago 0 0