Title Content Progress cache?

1. I couldn't load some map packs for CoD:WaW so I go to my hard drive to delete and redownload them. I also decided to delete some old demos and found a game demo called "Title Content Progress cache" of which it shows an error or incomplete picture for it. It is 1.3 GB. Any info about this would be much appreciated, I don't want to delete it and find out it was important in some way.

User Info: Darbus_31

Darbus_31 - 7 years ago
    Would that delete game add-ons, like map packs or expansions? I got the Shiverings Isles/Knights of the Nine disc, which is an expansion disc for The Elder Scrolls lV: Oblivion, for Christmas last year and traded it in at Gamestop a few months ago. Would data like that be deleted when I clear the cache?

User Info: Darbus_31

Darbus_31 - 7 years ago

1. Bin it as it's been corrupted and will only harm your console by leaving it there.

Try clearing your caches:

System Blade, Memory, Hard Drive, Press Y for Device Options, Cache Clear Button (Using this method will delete ALL Game Patches and Temporary Files off your system so you'll have to re-download/install the updates before you can play your games again) This Method was introduced with the August 11th Dashboard Update.

OR

System Blade, Memory, Hard Drive, X-X-LB-RB-X-X (Using this method will delete ALL Game Patches and Temporary Files off your system so you'll have to re-download/install the updates before you can play your games again) (Only Use if you DON'T have the August 11th 2009 update)

User Info: itwizz

itwizz (Expert) - 7 years ago 0 0

1. Clearing the cache ONLY deletes temporary and corrupted files and game updates so your DLC (Expansions and maps) are perfectly safe, I've performed it several times without incident.

I'd recommend you get that Elder Scrolls 4 expansion disc back unless you have Xbox Live that is, as clearing the cache also deletes all the game updates (patches) which means it's unlikely you'll be able to play any of your DLC until they are redownloaded and installed.

User Info: itwizz

itwizz (Expert) - 7 years ago 0 0