why is my Xbox LIVE lagging?

1. I just bought the official Network Adapter but despite having full signal, i suffer from extreme lag which renders gaming impossible, or i cannot even join a game. Microsoft suggests i simply should try a wired connection instead, because 70 is nothing to them.......
    I had tried an ethernet cable connected to my laptop before which ran games fairly slow. I don't know how to decrease lag because my signal is already full strength. Help?

User Info: Phwalalabah

Phwalalabah - 7 years ago
    I went to portforwarding and the site is closed down with the domain for sale. Any other sites provide the same service?

User Info: Phwalalabah

Phwalalabah - 7 years ago
    I am asking this an behalf of my fiance, he has an xbox 360 and it use to not lag at all. Recently (after I bought him Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2) it started lagging out worse and worse, now when he plays he can hardly do anything because it lags so bad. Any advice? -Crystal-

User Info: crystalb89

crystalb89 - 6 years ago

1. Try port forwarding (www.portforwarding.com) and do a search for Internet Connection Sharing for information on how to configure it properly. Ultimately it could be your connection speed is just too poor to salvage, a problem that can only be solved by changing ISPs.

PS: You need a bare minimum of a 2mb connection as anything less than that will cause you extreme problems.

User Info: itwizz

itwizz (Expert) - 7 years ago 1 0

Answers

1. My mistake I meant to give you this link www.portforward.com/

User Info: itwizz

itwizz (Expert) - 7 years ago 0 0
  2. What internet speed are you on, have you changed internet providers. Also if there is a heap of people on Xbox Live at the same time the service may slow down. Also while you are connected to Xbox Live through your Xbox 360, is there any other device that is connected to the internet at the same time like a computer.

User Info: mitsmirage

mitsmirage (Expert) - 6 years ago 0 0