A Xbox 360 with no hard drive?

1. Do games play a lot better with a XBOX 360 hard drive? Because I went on Youtube and a guy was showing GTA IV without a hard drive and thing started to pop in, then when he put on his hard drive and it ran so much better, but all I just trying to find out dose it do this with all 360 games without a hard drive? Because if it dose that with every games then I go buy one when I had the money to do that?

User Info: rdrck_martin

rdrck_martin - 6 years ago

Answers

1. No not all games will benefit like GTA IV did but quite a few should.

Not to mention it severely cuts down on the noise while playing any game, I'd say that's the biggest benefit.

User Info: shopete

shopete - 6 years ago 0 0
  2. If u have Fallout 3, Fable 2, Oblivion, or any games with an large open world I suggest u download 2 a hard drive. It helps cuts down on loading and noise also not all games will benefit from it just games with large open worlds that loads a lot.

User Info: nukedash83

nukedash83 - 6 years ago 0 0
  3. If you are getting a 360, then get the hard drive. It has a tendency to solve a lot of freezing issues that occur with games THAT SHOULDN'T FREEZE UP AT ALL, but do freeze up because... wait for it... IT'S A 360!

Sorry, very pissed off right now because I can hardly play Fable 2 without it freezing up every 10-15 minutes. I don't have a hard drive and I'm trying to find a way in which I can play this game without one, because this isn't my 360 and I rented the game from Blockbuster for the next 5 days.

But yeah, the hard drive will allow you to cache files and install games, so everything is bound to run a lot faster than off the DVD. Worth it if you intend on continuing your use of the 360, as I'm pretty sure it's only worth a damn if you do.

User Info: Xuljester

Xuljester - 6 years ago 0 0
  4. I only have the memory stick and had no robs whatsoever-but the hard drive is good as you can download extra items for your game etc and actually have the space to save them-this has prompted me to get a hd but not because my gameplay doesnt look good

User Info: springyspaniel1

springyspaniel1 - 6 years ago 0 0
  5. Some games do like GTA IV, which allows shorten loading times. I would recommend getting a Xbox 360 hard drive as then you can download game DLC, themes, gamerpics, videos and music.

User Info: mitsmirage

mitsmirage (Expert) - 6 years ago 0 0
  6. To prevent freezing delete caches on your memory card/hard drives, and also install all games on to your hard drive so your disc drive wont run while playing for hours.

User Info: cre8tive9

cre8tive9 - 6 years ago 0 0
  7. It depends, If you install the game onto the Hard drive, Then it'll run faster and glitch less. Otherwise there would be no difference in performance between running with or without a hard drive.

User Info: punkwaffle

punkwaffle - 5 years ago 0 0