Question from empire99006

Can you switch profiles to another hardrive?

Im almost out of room on my hard drive and i have a new one but can you swith a profile over to the other hard drive with all the gamer points?

kels430 answered:

Yes just switch the and hardrive and recover your gamertag.

Xbox live needed
2 0

Answers

BelaidKL answered:

yeah you can...but the process is long but effective. First get a memory card..the biggest out there cause your gonna need it. Put your profile onto the memory card from the harddrive after going on settings and then memory before transfering (Instructions may not have been 100%) Then take out the memory card and put in the new harddrive before putting the profile from the memory card to the harddrive. Your points and harddrive will be saved and alive however your saved data wont be there. to get it simply put in your other harddrive and repeat the process only this time using your saved data and other things you might wont eg customised stuff etc. However my advice is only transfer the games you still wanna play cause when i did this i transfered 140 games for 5 hours before after the process i only played 10 of those 140. Hope this helps...if you need more info please message me, cheers
1 1

Toad_004 answered:

You can recover your gamertag from Xbox live with just your password and e-mail. I just did hat on my new 360.
Using a memory card and moving each file one by one will also work, but that sure would take a long time to move 20 gigs that way.
0 0

Suicide-Panda answered:

Yes but you need xbox live to recover your gamertag
0 0

Falc0_Rules answered:

Yah recover it
0 0