Can you switch profiles to another hardrive?

1. Im almost out of room on my hard drive and i have a new one but can you swith a profile over to the other hard drive with all the gamer points?

User Info: empire99006

empire99006 - 8 years ago

1. Yes just switch the and hardrive and recover your gamertag.

Xbox live needed

User Info: kels430

kels430 - 8 years ago 2 0

Answers

1. yeah you can...but the process is long but effective. First get a memory card..the biggest out there cause your gonna need it. Put your profile onto the memory card from the harddrive after going on settings and then memory before transfering (Instructions may not have been 100%) Then take out the memory card and put in the new harddrive before putting the profile from the memory card to the harddrive. Your points and harddrive will be saved and alive however your saved data wont be there. to get it simply put in your other harddrive and repeat the process only this time using your saved data and other things you might wont eg customised stuff etc. However my advice is only transfer the games you still wanna play cause when i did this i transfered 140 games for 5 hours before after the process i only played 10 of those 140. Hope this helps...if you need more info please message me, cheers

User Info: BelaidKL

BelaidKL - 7 years ago 1 1
  2. You can recover your gamertag from Xbox live with just your password and e-mail. I just did hat on my new 360.
    Using a memory card and moving each file one by one will also work, but that sure would take a long time to move 20 gigs that way.

User Info: Toad_004

Toad_004 - 7 years ago 0 0
  3. Yes but you need xbox live to recover your gamertag

User Info: Suicide-Panda

Suicide-Panda - 7 years ago 0 0
  4. Yah recover it

User Info: Falc0_Rules

Falc0_Rules - 7 years ago 0 0