Question from yukimura60

Do i need a new Xbox 360 or do i need to download something?

Right, heres my problem, when i put a game in the Xbox 360 it reads it as a dvd not a game, so i turn it off and on again several times and it keeps reading the game as a dvd, but after about 20 times of turning it off and on again, the Xbox 360 will eventually read it as the actual game and works fine, but when i turn it off again, the problem starts all over again, can anyone give me any ideas on what to do?
Thanks

EoinOL answered:

The laser is probably the problem.

Nothing that you download will help with this.

There are ways to open the 360 and replace the DVD drive or replace just the laser. However many people prefer not to do this, even though it is not tremendously difficult. You can find guides for doing this on the internet, along with what you will need to buy.

The other options are calling Microsoft and getting your system repaired, or else getting the system repaired by a third party company (there may be some stores local to you that will repair consoles, especially since issues with the DVD drive are among the simplest repairs).
1 0

Answers

mitsmirage answered:

Your console's DVD drive is on its way out. I had the same sort of problem, I sent mine back to Microsoft to fix it under warranty.
0 0