Question from LemonPenguin

Can't turn on or sync wireless controller?

I was going to sync my wireless controller with my friend's Xbox 360, but it wouldn't turn on to sync it. I changed the batteries and it turned on. I got it synced and it turned off.
I tried turning it back on, but it won't turn back on. It blinks for a few seconds, and I've been able to re-sync it a few times, but it just turns off again. I've tried all kinds of things, but the controller won't even turn on to sync it. I can't even sync it back to my console. I can hold the middle button and it will blink, but it won't turn on, and therefor won't sync. Does anyone know anything that can help?

mitsmirage answered:

Are the contacts on the controller and battery holder clean, as this may cause this if the contacts are dirty or dusty. Trying wiping them gently with a cloth or blowing the dust. You could also try a rechargable battery pack or another battery holder. Also try and connect the controller using a Play and Charge Kit cable to plug the controller in to the console. After it is connected remove the cable a few seconds later and see what happens whether it stays connected or disconnects again. Otherwise it maybe an issue with your controller try contacting Xbox support for assisstance.
0 0