Loud humming noise?

1. I just got my 360 back from repairs today and it makes a loud humming noise when i play a game
    it didn't do this before and it appears to play just fine
    i was just wondering if thats a bad thing (the humming noise) and what would cause it and if theres any way to fix it thanks

User Info: pyromaker

pyromaker - 7 years ago

1. It might be that your 360s fans are working over time because the new one you just got back doesnt have the same type of fan or heat sink.

User Info: hellfireyoduhh

hellfireyoduhh - 7 years ago 2 0

Answers

1. In the last two weeks my 360 has got a lot louder even when it is not playing/spinning a disc.
    Today my xbox gave me two red lights (top and bottom left side). This is not rrod as i can unplug and then plug back in, switch on and it will play for a bit. Its definately to do with the fans.

User Info: TheHunger82

TheHunger82 - 7 years ago 0 0
  2. the 360 is famous with noise .the only thing which give noise is ether the fans or the DVD Drive , my xbox do the same noise but its normal. i think.

User Info: eal-zubieri

eal-zubieri - 7 years ago 1 0
  3. As stated before, it's the fans or DVD drive. You can check and see what DVD drive you have inside, as some are noted to be louder than others. One thing you can try is installing your games to your hard drive, and see if the noise goes away. If so, it is for sure your drive.

As for a fix, there is none without breaking the warranty seal. If it does bother you, your only other recourse it to contact Microsoft support and explain that you just received your replacement Xbox, and explain the problems. Be polite, but let them know you want it fixed.

User Info: Metalcrack

Metalcrack - 7 years ago 0 0
  4. Same thing happened to me and i called xbox and they said the new xbox's have more powerful fans that will allow you to play longer so its a good thing but its annoying

User Info: shidasp

shidasp - 7 years ago 0 0